• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's Adam Barrett could reconsider decision to retire

how helpful Adam could be even just as a captain in the developement Squad, the on field guidance and expertise he could give too the young central defenders just out of the Academy,throw that in with some 1st team games and he will be worth his weight in gold to SUFC.

I think Ron would opt for the gold given a choice !

Can't imagine Adam being anything but a positive influence within the squad. If we go up, has the experience to help with the transition on and off the field. If we don't go up, will be an experienced reliable player who wants to play for the club. Will have a lot of roles to play either way. Will have to take his chances like any other play as far as playing time. He's class and quality at our club.

Great news regarding Barrett but lets not dance naked in the streets just yet - he's considering only and there's the small matter of getting a contract. Thompson and Prosser I imagine are first choice in Browns eyes and then possibly Bolger - Adam would be fourth choice IMO.

To be honest, if we get promotion, the CB area is one that would need strengthening as I don't see any of our current CB pairings as good enough for L1.

Oh, and you really wouldn't want to see me dancing naked in the streets EVER

To be honest, if we get promotion, the CB area is one that would need strengthening as I don't see any of our current CB pairings as good enough for L1.

Oh, and you really wouldn't want to see me dancing naked in the streets EVER

Kind of agree that we could do with strengthening; particularly more options up front. We've got a good selection of centre mids with decent cover, wide players are good enough on their day, but we need decent cover for off days.

Having said that, Barrett and Bolger, based on the current form I think would be strong enough for league 1.
I really don't think league one is the massive step up from league 2 tbh.

Back