• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1st Test v West Indies

God the aussies are gonna rip us a new one big style! Hopeless management, captaincy, nothing learnt from the World Cup farce. Peter Moores is a good county coach but clueless at this level and Cooks time must surely be up. Also that twit Graves saying W Indies were a mediocre side we should beat, that did a great job of firing them up Im sure! I doubt KP would make a difference to the team but he deserves a chance along with Rashid. Did anyone really think Trott and Cook would work??

I don't think Graves is wrong, they have a significantly weakened side due to the IPL, there should be an expectation to beat them easily. Whether we will or not is another matter. Graves has a lot to prove but he is making the right noises for me, I'm hoping he does make a difference. I'm sceptical but i'm not going to write him off straight away.

We all had a good old moan when we were 34/3, so only fair to give the players a pat on the back for turning the game around. Pat pat pat.

That said, putting in a night watchman when Bell was given out was still a pussy move.

I cant see Tredwell staying in the side once Moeen Ali is fit again which could well be for the 2nd Test. Would be foolish to go into a test with only Joe Root as a spin option. Class innings from Bell, Root and well played to Stokes too although they didn't bowl very well at him

Yes, I would definitely have tweaked the side a little.

Definitely would have played Rashid ahead of Tredwell.

Probably would have played Lyth, batted Trott at six for the moment and left Jordan out, as Stokes, Anderson, Broad, Rashid and Root could have covered the bowling. The Windies pitches are too slow for Jordan and he's too all over the place for test bowling.

That would also give us Buttler and Rashid at 8 and 9, which is a lot of batting.

I love test cricket.......My wife always tells me that test cricket is boring........ Yesterday I was unable to disagree.....

Jimmy breaks Beefy's record, but the WI are still hanging on.

3 to get in about 12 overs.

Another big fat zero for Trotty!

But 50 for the Cookmeister.

I'd love to know what Moores series record is compared to fletcher and flower....

Unsurprisingly Trott has retired from international cricket.

Unsurprisingly Trott has retired from international cricket.

It's a shame that Trott will be remembered for the last 12 months, and not for his fantastic service and runmaking.

He was on a hiding to nothing with only a couple of good innings in recent months, and then chucked in to open when he should have been down the order.

The conclusion to the series is that we've learned absolutely nothing, and most players continue to be out of form.

Word on the street is Strauss will come in. He's mates with most of the team so we'll continue to be unable to make tough decisions and re-develop our style.

Not at all keen on Strauss as the new Director of Cricket.

It's a continuation of the nexus of self preservation. He's the guy who backed Moores when KP pointed out Moores was rubbish back in 2008/09, he's the guy who backed Cook as one-day captain after series defeat and series defeat (and low score after low score after slow score).

This article from Sir Geoffrey is spot on.

Will be such a wasted opportunity

Back