• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Over the last 10 games we are 4th top scorers in the league.

At some point people may notice we actually score goals now....

True,sadly most of the other 30 odd games we were painfully goal shy,mainly to the ridiculous lone striker set up.

Over the last 10 games we are 4th top scorers in the league.

At some point people may notice we actually score goals now

Too little too late....... but I agree we are starting to score goals now and lets hope that will be enough to take us through the play-offs....once it becomes impossible for Autos of course

I think we do play decent football. The problem is that it is only for 10-15 minutes of a match at best and even less time in the final 3rd.

No disrespect meant, but we should be taking teams like Tranmere apart for fun. Even when we go a goal up, you'd hope we try and get more to kill the game off yet we just sit back as if the job is done.

I doubt Brown will leave before the season is over, he has a chance for promotion (CV booster) and Portsmouth are comfortably mid-table.

'Arry is also quite high up in the betting for next West Ham manager!

Nailed on Imo.

Big Sam kept them up for their new stadium and Arry possibly could push them on with his brand of attacking football(not at QPR though).

No no no no. We can't let this distract us from the matches. I really hope this does not cause an issue with the players. it is the worst possible time! Next manager: BBBC

I think we do play decent football. The problem is that it is only for 10-15 minutes of a match at best and even less time in the final 3rd.
No disrespect meant, but we should be taking teams like Tranmere apart for fun. Even when we go a goal up, you'd hope we try and get more to kill the game off yet we just sit back as if the job is done.

I doubt Brown will leave before the season is over, he has a chance for promotion (CV booster) and Portsmouth are comfortably mid-table.

There is a distinction to be made here.

Decent football and decent performances.

We do attempt to play a decent style, its miles better than when Sturrock was here, we play on the ground as much as possible and try to play from the back. The problem has been we just haven't been very effective at it so it hasn't resulted in many games where you come away thinking we played well.

Even so we look like we are going to pass the points Tilson got when he took us up, so from a results perspective it wouldn't be a massive surprise for someone to come in for him, especially as lacking a long term contract he would be cheap.

Would he still get to lead the team out at Wembley in the playoffs (if we get there)?? :winking:

No disrespect to Brown but pompey can attract much better and more successful managers than him! Since being sacked by Hull what does his CV boast? If they are looking for someone to get them up, is it him? You want a proven manager at this level. Even John Still has a league two promotion on his CV.
Lets face it, Brown is linked to every bloody job just because he once managed at a higher level. Well so did Aidy Boothroyd, would you want him?
Pompey fans are a more influential on the board now and as a fan would he be your choice? The only reason the fans might think he is decent is because we beat them four times!

now 8/1..

I think this is a goer. A job he would no doubt love, big club with lot's of media attention especially if he was a success there and with the club being out of debt there will be cash to spend. If we don't go up I think this is very likely maybe even if we do go up

I'll drive him too! AND I'll pay for the diesel and tolls out of my pension cheque. In fact, even with my angina, I'll piggy back him down there. ANYTHING to be rid.

I'll drive him too! AND I'll pay for the diesel and tolls out of my pension cheque. In fact, even with my angina, I'll piggy back him down there. ANYTHING to be rid.

I'm no medical expert , but I would be careful if I were you.

This thread is fun...look how many PB haters have emerged.

Back