• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Russell Crowe; first the Rabbits then the Shrimpers.

No more Blue Belles dancing but riding as jockeys in chariot races; in Sainsbury shopping trolleys attached to donkeys around the pitch at half time.

All you Brown haters need to realise that he is a good manager and that we would probably be mid table without him. Look at York this season, is the playoffs last years, but no consistency and down the bottom in 18th. And we've had two seasons of consistency. He will get it right. We will definitely get to Wembley this year, then he will prove you all wrong. You'll see.

Why are we having an obituary before he has passed on? Lets concentrate on the games still to be played and at the end of the season see where we are. In any event, Uncle Ron usually get his managers in before anyone has a notion of who it is.

In fairness, this thread is about who we would like to see him replaced with, IF he left.

I'm firmly in the camp that I would like him to stay and just be more positive at home. Our away form is excellent.

However, PB hasn't signed a new contract yet and hasn't denied any interest in moving on, so from this, speculation is bound to happen.

That said, SUFC haven't offered him a contract he wants to sign yet and made any assurances, from what I can tell, so it's not all PB's doing.

Last edited:
In fairness, this thread is about who we would like to see him replaced with, IF he left.

I'm firmly in the camp that I would like him to stay and just be more positive at home. Our away form is excellent.

However, PB hasn't signed a new contract yet and hasn't denied any interest in moving on, so from this, speculation is bound to happen.

That said, SUFC haven't offered him a contract he wants to sign yet and made any assurances. from what I can tell, so it's not all PB's doing.

Yep, there's a whole lot of brinkmanship going on.

I've been consistently vocal about the need to get rid if we fail to achieve promotion. The last 3 weeks mean I may be having second thoughts but NOT a 4 year deal that is madness. I'd we don't promote offer 12 months with a meaningful promotion bonus. If that's not enough to prevent him from going we've lost nothing.

I think he lives very near Maidenhead.
I thought Devonshire didn't hold the relevant coaching badges to manage a Football League side?

That's a nonsense at any level of the game. Ron Martin owns the club - he should decide who is a suitable manager and not the FA. If he wants to put Widow Twankey in charge that's his perogative. Needing some 'badges' is ridiculous.

We are now approaching the most critical part of the season and we still stand a good chance of going up automatically. I'm not totally sold on Brown but he has my complete support because he is the manager of Southend and at this time he and the team need us completely behind them. It's not for me to tell posters what to post, but my preference now is to park all this and totally concentrate on stuffing Bury, Luton and Morecombe.

Last edited:
Back