• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[FONT=Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif]Is there any other stand that is named as appallingly as this '[/FONT]Decipher Construction Stand (Cemetery End)[FONT=Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif]'?[/FONT]

[FONT=Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif]Cue jokes such as it is located in the dead centre of town etc.[/FONT]

Sounds like they're expecting a decent turn out seeing as it's free. Will plan to get there in good time I think.

I am proposing to go but what are the car parking arrangements around the ground? Is it easy to park or a nightmare

I took the train last time so I'm not sure. Would be interested to know this too.

Where abouts are you driving from?

[FONT=Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif]Is there any other stand that is named as appallingly as this '[/FONT]Decipher Construction Stand (Cemetery End)[FONT=Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif]'?[/FONT]

[FONT=Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif]Cue jokes such as it is located in the dead centre of town etc.[/FONT]

Sorry to spoil your fun but I think the stand is the Decipher Construction Stand. The bit in brackets simply indicates which part of it the away fans will be in.

I am proposing to go but what are the car parking arrangements around the ground? Is it easy to park or a nightmare
There is no parking at the ground, have to take a punt on finding spaces in cobbled Coronation Street looking roads. Night game means roads will be blocked with residents in doors. :sad:

The Other Away Travel Forum has the following but again not a lot of help
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?78757-BURY-by-Road-Parking-Lifts-etc

Leave the M66 at Junction 3. Take the left hand exit at the junction and follow this road until you come to the junction with the A56 Manchester Road. At this T-junction which has traffic lights, turn right towards Bury. You will pass the Swan & Cemetery pub on your left and then some playing fields. At the end of the playing fields just before the traffic lights and a couple of pubs, turn right into Gigg Lane for the ground. However please note that Gigg Lane is normally closed on match days and the ground itself is not easily seen from the A56.

Street parking, although beware of a residents only parking scheme in operation in the nearby streets, which operates on both matchdays end evenings, with wardens patrolling the area.

That's annoying, the away end at Bury is one of the best in the lower leagues for acoustics, and they've given it to their own fans. Hopefully we can go 1-0 up early doors and silence the crowd otherwise it could be quite a lively atmosphere.

I've parked pretty easily a couple of times, so long as you don't go right next to the ground you're OK, and it's pretty quick to get away afterwards.

I took the train last time so I'm not sure. Would be interested to know this too.

Where abouts are you driving from?

Driven a few times and driving again Tuesday. There is plenty of park. When you get to the social club take the first right and you will find a school whcih is £3.00.

That's annoying, the away end at Bury is one of the best in the lower leagues for acoustics, and they've given it to their own fans. Hopefully we can go 1-0 up early doors and silence the crowd otherwise it could be quite a lively atmosphere.

I've parked pretty easily a couple of times, so long as you don't go right next to the ground you're OK, and it's pretty quick to get away afterwards.

Thers your answer. They dont want any decent away support and we have very good away support

So how many does this family stand area hold as its free maybe I can see a fair few of us turning up say 400 or so
It needs to be announced the amount of seats that are for us.

So how many does this family stand area hold as its free maybe I can see a fair few of us turning up say 400 or so
It needs to be announced the amount of seats that are for us.

Details now up on the SUFC Official site as below which says 1,000 seats:

Tickets’ for Southend United’s re-arranged game at Bury on Tuesday 21st April – kick off 7.45pm – will only be available from the Shakers.

The match at Gigg Lane has been made free of charge for those wanting to watch the game – which could be pivotal in the race for the top three place.

And therefore, if you want to watch the game, you can only gain entry at Bury, meaning there’s no need for tickets from the Blues Box Office.

Blues supporters will be accommodated in our Main Stand (blocks G-J) which has an unreserved capacity of 1000. This section of the main stand will have signage accordingly.

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news...SurM6uctB2U.99

Back