• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think Brown's cracked it. If our problem this season has been failing to hang on to a lead, then snatching it deep into injury time has to be the way forward!

Some big games coming up but it makes the Bury one HUGE now.

Time for a new answer to an age old question...

"Who put the ball in the Bury net?"
"Barry... Barry..."
"Big Bad Barry did..."

(Well, let's hope so!) :happy:

I think Brown's cracked it. If our problem this season has been failing to hang on to a lead, then snatching it deep into injury time has to be the way forward!

Some big games coming up but it makes the Bury one HUGE now.

Time for a new answer to an age old question...

"Barry... Barry..."
"Big Bad Barry did..."

(Well, let's hope so!) :happy:

Truthfully, I would settle for any of them putting it in the net, even Weston.

Not the prettiest, or the best Southend United win, but boy was that important.

Anything can happen from here on. We are well and truly in this.

First half was absolutely awful, the worst 45 I've seen from us in a long time. Defence looked shakey, no threat up front and the midfield was non-existent. Second half was better, don't think we ever really dominated the game but those are the kind of games that you have to turn into wins and we did. Brilliant work from Payne, Atkinson and Timlin for the goal, which is especially good as Atkinson had a pretty poor game. Pigott was a waste of space up top unfortunately today, no threat, clumsy, didn't seem interested. Hard fought win and perhaps a lucky one, but much needed.

Bentley 7 Saved everything they threw at him, though that wasn't much
Leonard 6 Looked shakey in defence, too many pointless long balls, better second half
Bolger 8 Other than one awful pass he was excellent and dominated their attack
Barrett 7 Few slips but always recovered and was a rock at the back
Coker 6 Looked held back first half but got forward more second half and improved
Atkinson 5.5 Offered no width and no pace, works hard but doesn't really contribute much
Deegan 6 Below par performance today, the only player who started well and then faded but he lacked his usual impact and passing was poor
Timlin 8 MOTM Great finish and positioning for the goal, superb defensively covering for others and tried to get the ball forwards
McLaughlin 6.5 Dangerous with the ball but non-existent without it, doesn't track back anywhere near enough
Pigott 5 Clumsy, didn't look up for it and barely got the ball, yes the service was poor but he could have done better
Cassidy 6 Better second half, poor first touch but created space

Subs
Corr 6.5 No real impact, fought hard and got stuck in and won his headers
Payne 7 Ran at them and brought pace and energy as they tired
Weston 7 Most impact I've seen him have as a sub, few bizarre moments but his pace was needed late on

Fair play to Brown, he's made some strange subs but today they worked a treat and it was a great result

Please, win on Tuesday. Don't do the typical Southend and give us hope and fail. Please.

You sound as if you wouldn't normally want Weston to score...which seems strange as he's a Southend player?

Remember, there are fans who have been known to walk out in disgust if their barrack-favourite does something good. I actually heard an "Oh No" last season when Straker scored!

Not because I don't want him to score, but because he seldom does. No malice intended:smiles:

I think myles could find himself on the transfer list in the summer regardless of if we go up or not. Looked handy preseason but its not really happened for him for whatever reason. Great win and a huge game on on tuesday now

Just back from St James Park. Enjoyed the game in the sunshine and what a great result. Barrett and Coker were immense in our defence, but the Pig looked knackered and Cassidy wasn't firing on all cylinders. As soon as Corr came on after 60 minutes we looked a different side, and Weston's speed and Payne's ball control scared the Exeter defence. They pushed forward seeking a winner..... and bingo they lose twice within a week to goals in additional time. Splendid!

How many clean sheets is that now this season? Best keeper and back 4 in the division on current form which bodes well.

WHAT A GAME THAT WAS! Good decision by Brown and great all round performance! Will we ever conceed a goal again! Can't wait to get up to Bury now! All aboard the flight home
tomorrow!

Back