• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Another fantastic win. Hard fought, and we're now very close to automatic promotion being in our hands. Wycombe have an injury crisis, coupled with suspension. We have an almost fully fit squad and options from the bench.

Absolutely massive game against Bury now. Two good teams with everything to play for.

Our run in is tough in comparison to Bury and Wycombe, but Luton will not be able to sit back against us, which might favour us. Morecambe will have nothing to play for.

rtkyuh.png

I haven't simulated goals, league position when on level points is determined by current league position (which is a fair simplification because the GD is also in league order for us, Wycombe and Bury).

Also - yes I know there's a rounding error in the percentages!

Our run in is tough in comparison to Bury and Wycombe, but Luton will not be able to sit back against us, which might favour us. Morecambe will have nothing to play for.

I really, really, really want to believe that.

One game at a time boys .Lets get bury out of the way first .What a game Tuesday night is going to be . Both clubs have all to play for and every thing to lose .

One game at a time boys .Lets get bury out of the way first .What a game Tuesday night is going to be . Both clubs have all to play for and every thing to lose .

Today result has taken a bit of pressure off....whatever happens Tuesday we go into the last 2 games with a chance of getting 3rd place, which looked pretty unlikely a week or 2 ago...and if we can avoid defeat at Bury (or even....can we?) we have a very good chance of getting third place.

Either way we need to win our last 2 games though.

Everything depends on winning Tuesday. Do that, and it's game on. Anything but, and no chance.

A draw would still give us a chance though we'd have to win the last 2 and rely on both Wycombe and Bury dropping points somewhere, unlikely but not impossible. One thing's for certain we can't afford to lose otherwise play-off's here we come!

We need a SUFC fan to score against Wycombe on last game at Northampton, Ricky Holmes, he be fired up for that one!

One silver lining now if the worst was to happen on Tuesday night is that Bury would then be in pole position to claim 3rd spot. They are the one team I would fear in the play-offs (and I'm sure they'd say the same about us!). If we are to suffer the play-offs then I really fancy us up against Wycombe, Stevenage & Plymouth (or anyone else who was to sneak in late). Wycombe aren't the same side they were due to the sale of two star players in January. The worst possible scenario is that Wycombe finish 3rd, anything else and we have a really strong chance of promotion.

Let's go and win on Tuesday though and give OURSELVES the best possible chance of nicking that last spot.

#Believe :loyalsupporter:

Last edited:
It will be either Southend or Bury that will finish 3rd. To coin a Tilson phrase, Wycombe are down to the bare bones!
Two players went off before half time yesterday, and a first 11 player got sent off. They could also only pick five subs and one was a keeper!
In addition Bury weren't great yesterday, an out of form Pompey spanked them 1st half and Bury had one shot on target the whole game. We need to go out and be positive like against Newport.
Come on boys we can do this!

Back