• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I still think we probably need to win all 3 remaining games, not just Bury. We could win there & still blow it & we should stop thinking of the Bury game as the decider. It's important of course, if we lose it almost certainly means the play offs, but you could also say that about any of the remaining games. I suppose what I'm saying is we don't want to fall into the mindset of thinking we've done it IF we beat Bury (which will be very difficult), then go into a demoralised state of mind if we then lose one of the other games and still end up in the playoffs having convinced ourselves we'd done the hard bit. As we know, positivity is everything in the play-offs & that is still the most likely outcome for us. Bury is just the first of 3 'cup finals'.

Love to get there but I am sure my Boss would not be to happy if I did .So its the Radio for me . UTB:happy:

I don`t care how many we score just as long as we win

Massive flaw in that plan. We need to win by big margins to give us a superior goal difference. Had we done this more rather than go for a 1-0 win we would not only have a superior goal difference but we would have more points now. Being 1-0 and defending hasn't done us any favours this season

Thanks for that - that was news to me.

I am presuming the main stand is on Gigg Lane and is to the left when viewed from the usual away end.

I wonder how many pies they have ordered for the game.

Yep that's the stand and I think our area is up the other end of that stand.
If they get a big a crowd as some people are suggesting I can see a delayed kick off!

I wonder how many pies they have ordered for the game.

:smile:

You see, this is the sort of in-depth thinking that needs to go into the big games. Forget about tactics, systems, pitch conditions, mental pressure.

If you don't get the off-field preparation right then, frankly, the whole thing becomes a shambles!

You see, this is the sort of in-depth thinking that needs to go into the big games. Forget about tactics, systems, pitch conditions, mental pressure.

If you don't get the off-field preparation right then, frankly, the whole thing becomes a shambles!

Quite frankly, if they don't have enough pies then it's just not worth the effort of travelling ..... and I for one will be voicing my concern about the situation.

I said "who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies " ..... etcetera .........

Absolutely! .. Maybe if that fella 'Shaker' comes on today or tomorrow, we can get a message through to the ground to ensure that sufficient supplies are available, otherwise there could be mutiny in the family stand!

just reading through some of the posts of the Bury Forum and they seem very confident of winning on Tuesday in front of a bumper 7000+ crowd, what will be will be, and with Wycombe's injuries and suspensions you have to feel that the 3rd place will be taken by either us or Bury

I look at the teams around us in the play-offs and to be honest I believe we have enough to beat any of them on the day including Wycombe if they come tumbling down to earth from the auto position......the only team that may pose a problem could be Luton...I know they are not in the play-offs at the moment but if they get in they could be a threat to us as they are just starting to turn that corner again and getting back to a little bit of form...although we all know that the form book can go out of the window during the end of season madness called the play-offs

just reading through some of the posts of the Bury Forum and they seem very confident of winning on Tuesday in front of a bumper 7000+ crowd, what will be will be, and with Wycombe's injuries and suspensions you have to feel that the 3rd place will be taken by either us or Bury

I look at the teams around us in the play-offs and to be honest I believe we have enough to beat any of them on the day including Wycombe if they come tumbling down to earth from the auto position......the only team that may pose a problem could be Luton...I know they are not in the play-offs at the moment but if they get in they could be a threat to us as they are just starting to turn that corner again and getting back to a little bit of form...although we all know that the form book can go out of the window during the end of season madness called the play-offs

We know more than anyone that performing in front of a bumper crowd can be difficult. Every time we get that big support at home we find it hard to win. Bury fans are going there expecting to win, that brings a different kind of pressure for the Bury players. They may have a few 'day trippers' turn up who support united or whoever and moan and groan and get on the Bury players back. It may suit us being slight underdogs.

Back