• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont know how good our intel is but they are expecting around 400-500 away fans.

Fair estimate I would have thought.
Not that I'm going by coach but are the Trust still taking coach bookings? If coach places still available that might tempt a few more people.

Just over 11,000.Intel expect around the 7000 mark.I think it could be bigger.A dead rubber champions league game on tv and nice weather (according to forecast).Luckily,Rochdale play the same night otherwise there could have been potential trouble.

I guess there'll be a fair number of local Man Utd/City fans who will take a stroll down, so yep, I fancy more than 7,000.

I will go as far as to say that it is the biggest game in any league this season.I honestly think the winners will go on and be promoted.The bigger one could be in the future v Tranmere if both teams need something from the game.

So you don't think Middlesborough v Norwich qualifies as bigger then ? Certainly the biggest in our division so far.

D'ya reckon I can do a deal with the club. I'm prepared to PAY for my matchday ticket if they pay for my travel

I think its bigger,yes.Like i say,im convinced the winner will go up.
With our chairman,you may get that deal if you ask as anything seems possible with him.

I will be there.travelling back up to my girlfriends in Manchester today. So excited about this match, should be a cracking atmosphere, and with both teams on a great run you can't call it. Just hope we give it our all and put in a good display, can't ask for anything else. Come on you Yellows!!!!!

Also heard a few whispers that if Danny Mayor leaves in the summer (which we expect) we will be trying for a return of Worrall.

Also heard a few whispers that if Danny Mayor leaves in the summer (which we expect) we will be trying for a return of Worrall.

Worrall supposedly in contract talks to extend his stay down with us. He's also stated he wants his new born child to be an Essex kid! I hope for our sake we keep him beyond his one more year, the lad is a class act!

Hi Shrimpers
Well here we go again, with hopefully no sign of rain this time.
I notice on one of the other threads someone has posted that we were dire and nervy at Pompey on Saturday with only 1 shot all game. As usual you can come to any conclusion using statistics but even Waddock has acknowledged that we completely "managed" the game to bring home the 3 points. At this stage of the season, and presumably for you as well, making friends is fairly low down on the list, with 3 points per game being top priority. The number of games this season where we have been told we were the best footballing side they've seen this season, and this after losing the game like at Exeter, beggars belief.
Both of us go into the game in great form, for ourselves, we've just set a club, and European, record of 7 successive away wins with god knows how many clean sheets. On paper our home form has become more patchy and we're not blowing sides away like we were early in the season. However, our recent home defeat to arch party poopers Morecambe was purely self inflicted with Flitcroft getting his second half tactics hopelessly wrong and their winner coming from that rare thing a Nick Pope error.
More typical was our recent win against The Shrews where we completely negated their attacking threat before holding out for a nervy win. Our defence has become truly solid, just like yours by all accounts. You'll also be facing newly crowned L2 player of the season Danny Mayor. As I mentioned in the original match thread he hasn't been as devastating as he was earlier in the season but this could be due to teams doubling, (sometimes tripling up), to stop him, which of course leaves gaps for others to exploit, we'll see.... Our three leading scorers are all fit again with Ryan Lowe scoring in the last two games after a long spell out injured. He scored an iconic winning goal for us away at Chesterfield which sealed our promotion that year, David Worrall also scored for us in that game. Is it written in the Runes?....
Most of us would like to see us playing with gay abandon, (are we still allowed to say that?), and put teams on the back foot from the start, but truthfully we expect another nailbiting 1-0 a la Shrewsbury, hopefully in our favour.
If Wycombe somehow hold on to 3rd place and we both end up in the playoffs I know we'll be vastly outnumbered should we get to Wembley, whoever we play, so I'm hoping we hold our nerve for the automatics. Our last 2 games are real banana skins with our old nemesis Akinfenwa, who always seems to do well against us, on Saturday and then Tranny in the final game, (should we both need to win). We've got "history" with Tranny and we're expecting bovver with the "friendly" locals before during and after the game, especially with "Judas" Ryan Lowe back in our ranks.
Sorry, I can't bring myself to say good luck after Tuesday as it could go right to the wire and I don't want to tempt fate.
Finally, the "behind the scenes" footage is done by a fan with an "access all areas" pass and is well worth a watch, should be another after Tuesday's game.

Worrall supposedly in contract talks to extend his stay down with us. He's also stated he wants his new born child to be an Essex kid! I hope for our sake we keep him beyond his one more year, the lad is a class act!
Like i say,just whispers.You are correct though,he is a good player.

Finally, the "behind the scenes" footage is done by a fan with an "access all areas" pass and is well worth a watch, should be another after Tuesday's game.

Much obliged, Shaker1.

I posted the 'Behind the Scenes' from the abandoned match, earlier in this thread, as I thought it was a very professional effort.

Just over 11,000.Intel expect around the 7000 mark.I think it could be bigger.A dead rubber champions league game on tv and nice weather (according to forecast). Luckily,Rochdale play the same night ....

... against the O's no less!

Southend have a no lose situation as I see it. Win and we can still make 3rd (but not guaranteed). Lose or draw and we will be in play offs against probably Stevenage or Plymouth because we will beat Luton at home and stop them from creeping into the play offs. I fancy our chances against all the play off teams (including Wycombe who we wouldn't face until the final in any event) but would rather not face Bury in the play offs because I feel that both sides are very evenly matched and could go either way in a one match final. We have already qualified for the play offs first leg away on a Saturday or Sunday, with the home leg on a Thursday evening. So as I see it Southend should seize the opportunity and go for it. A month ago we wouldn't have believed it was possible. I read on the Bury Forum that they always seem to mess up at home in front of big crowds, so here's hoping. Have the local Constabulary got any friendlier since we won promotion there with THAT goal? I recall that they were more trouble than the home fans! UTB

... I recall that match, as we were talking to the police in our end at half-time after they had chucked out a couple of our lot in the first-half and one of the less zealous cops told us that GMP had graded the match as a high risk category 1, as they were expecting thousands of us to turn up after being tipped off by our local plod, so we got the full works that afternoon.

Thank god its not pre play offs (when 4 went up) as the season would be all but over for the loser.At least one of us will get a second chance.

Could be very interesting if it gets towards the last 5/10 mins with the scores level. Do Bury go for the win or accept a draw? Anything other than a win for us would make it highly unlikely to finish in the top 3.

Back