• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I remember that as soon as Scully was sent off their player got up and there was nothing wrong with him. Until then he was in line for an Oscar. Nothing changes. Come on you Blues, who wants to be the new Ian Benjamin and go down in folklore?

I remember that as soon as Scully was sent off their player got up and there was nothing wrong with him. Until then he was in line for an Oscar. Nothing changes. Come on you Blues, who wants to be the new Ian Benjamin and go down in folklore?

Either way, it was an awful challenge and he deserved to be sent off.

Shall I trundle the old favourite of mine when I wrote my car off on the way up to Bury 91? That out of all of the promotion games has to be the best of the lot. I was on the angle for the shot into the corner as well. It seemed to happen in slow motion. As soon as he shot I thought it was in. When it went in I have NEVER experienced a moment like it, or at least for a few minutes until that final whistle.

Tonight doesn't come close as nothing is resolved just as nothing would have been r esolved 24 years ago. But the occasion is just as important given our recent history on and off the field. Fail to win and play offs realistically beckon. Win and the dream lives on. Sadly I have Bury down as mentally strong enough to overcome a defeat tonight. Nothing less than 3 wins will be good enough I think.
From memory our promotion to our highest ever level WAS RESOLVED. I was there and will never forget it:smile:

If BBBC is back then I hope his head is screwed on.

I will leap to his defense! this can't go unchallenged! etc etc.
Barry has been very well behaved for a couple of seasons, he is 30, he does "get stuck in", he will pick up cards BUT he hasn't been silly for a long while and any suggestion otherwise is history.
Praise be to BBBC.
Amen

They didn't score near the end. The scored right at the beginning of the 2nd half, and then laid siege.

Blimey, how odd. Of course, you're right (Mick Halsall 51 mins).

Could have sworn they scored right at the end.

Must have been all the pre-match beer!:blush:

I think that's my favourite Southend video of all time. The longest sending off in history, the run by Andy Ansah, the goal and commentary, and of course everyone hugging each other and the wild celebrations at the end. Absolute magic moments in time.
If any Southend fans need a trip down memory lane, or cheering up, just watch that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94LR_50iGU

Hope you don't mind, TSNB, but I think this deserves embedding....

[video=youtube;s94LR_50iGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94LR_50iGU[/video]

Any rumours on the team news?

I'm guessing he'll start with Corr in for Pigott and maybe try Worrall, moving Will in-field and possibly sacrifice Deegan or just leaving Will out.

Hoping JW is fit, as well.

Any rumours on the team news?

I'm guessing he'll start with Corr in for Pigott and maybe try Worrall, moving Will in-field and possibly sacrifice Deegan or just leaving Will out.

Hoping JW is fit, as well.

Hope you don't mind, TSNB, but I think this deserves embedding....

[video=youtube;s94LR_50iGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94LR_50iGU[/video]

Three things.

1. What a horrendous tackle by Scully, makes Roy Keane look tame
2. Why was Rodney Bewes commentating
3. Nice to see Bury had Chavs in the 90's

Back