• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LeesLegends

Hey all, newbie here (obviously)

Who am I? A bit about myself, I live in Australia, unfortunately quite a fair distance from Roots Hall. Or any League two ground for that matter so I cant claim to have actually seen a Southend match live. I have a shockingly poor knowledge of football in general and in conversations with friends about the sport I only nod and grunt. I follow the games on Southend's twitter feed, which sort of sucks but its okay cause I have a good imagination and I get to add my own sounds. Why do I support Southend? The short answer, drugs. Well one night in late 2012 I had to stay up really late and found a match that was Southend v Oxford and cause Southend won, 3-0 I think, I really got behind them and started following their progress from there. Also our keeper in that match made a ridiculously good save. Or that was Oxford's keeper. I dunno. Drugs. I'm basically here cause a good friend of mine, Vale fan incidentally, recommended it to me to keep up to date with all the goings on as I tend to lose of track things, with work and time zones usually making things difficult for me. I had dreams of making the flight over to Wembley last year for the playoff final if we were gonna be in it, as I was on holidays, but yeah. Oh well. Please no shrimp/barbie jokes. Please.

Cheers all.

Drugs with your border control! Ridiculously expensive :winking:

Anyway, welcome, wherabouts in Aus are you? I was over there for a couple of yrs and did a similar thing supporting an AFL team, even though I know nothing about it. In Perth I should have really plumped for West Coast Eagles or Dockers but went for St Kilda after a big scandal where half their players and their manager were passing around some 17 yr old girl and she was leaking naked pics and videos of them all, it was very amusing watching it all unfold in the news on goon.

Hi guys.new to the forum.have been a blues fan since the 70's.seen more downs than ups.living in brentwood with my partner of 4 yrs.looking forward to a great day at roots hall on saturday.lets hope it a full house to cheer the lads on to victory.:thumbsup:cheers guys UTB

Hi guys.new to the forum.have been a blues fan since the 70's.seen more downs than ups.living in brentwood with my partner of 4 yrs.looking forward to a great day at roots hall on saturday.lets hope it a full house to cheer the lads on to victory.:thumbsup:cheers guys UTB

Welcome as well Brentwood shrimp!

Drugs with your border control! Ridiculously expensive :winking:

Anyway, welcome, wherabouts in Aus are you? I was over there for a couple of yrs and did a similar thing supporting an AFL team, even though I know nothing about it. In Perth I should have really plumped for West Coast Eagles or Dockers but went for St Kilda after a big scandal where half their players and their manager were passing around some 17 yr old girl and she was leaking naked pics and videos of them all, it was very amusing watching it all unfold in the news on goon.

I'm in Brisbane at the moment, but I hear Perth is lovely. Haha yeah I think I remember that one (un)fortunately there seems to be so many but there's always funny things that come from them.

Osymandeus? Sorry MK Shrimper I don't follow haha. Go the blues!

Back