• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wish him the best of recovery's & his family all the hope in the world that they can get some sort of normality back to an horrific attack on football fan returning from a game.

Lets hope justice will flex every muscle it has against these mindless idiots!!

Er, OBL's message is not good news.
I didn't see OBL post just the first post saying the Cambridge fan was improving somewhat. Terrible for the man and his family
I hope the scumbags involved get a long, long sentence.
I didn't see the post from OBL.Just the first post which said the man was improving

Today's Echo reports that Simon Dobbin has been left with permanent brain damage and is unable to respond to his family. Those accused in relation to this are due to answer bail today. I wonder how long till this matter goes to court?

I do hope this is not entirely accurate in terms of what people think it means , it is very different from the post of just 5 days ago. When you hear that someone has permanent brain damage you think the worst, but it can mean a multitude of things. This post is very different to the post of just 5 days ago . Hopefully Simon is continuing to get better even if the doctors know that he will never be 100%

I honestly hope these people are well and truely destroyed by the Justice system. People like this should be locked up for life if they think it's acceptable to change someoneS life this way. His children will have to look after him now. So sad

Guilty till proven innocent then, is it?
I think you are misreading that entirely. The information that I was replying to was that there was enough evidence to charge someone for the crime but they were waiting to see the full results of the crime ie how bad the injuries are. So I hoped that someone is charged because clearly someone is guilty. And I hoped they were charged with the lesser crime - ie that the victim's condition improves. So I stand by what I said. The process of a trial is where innocence or guilt is decided - if there are no charges then no one is guilty which clearly isn't the case here.

I trust everyone will hope and pray that Dave Penny feels the full might of the law as well. What do we all want, 5 years, 10?

This is all too tragic, must be unbearable for his family to see him in this state. I hope the law does it's duty and sends the scumbags who did this are found guilty and go down for a long stretch. Many lives ruined here, there's no happy ending. I just hope the guy can recover sufficiently to have some quality of life ahead.

Guilty till proven innocent then, is it?

Indeed and I hear from various avenues that this bloke was not such an angel still hanging around after way after the game, after all his mate did get aggressive to my 7 month pregnant fiancée when she questioned what happened while trying to gain access to prittlewell station he had also so he claimed punched the pub window through

However I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery but I really can't help in this case there is no smoke without fire!

People rarely get attacked for zero reason and zero provercation.

I may be totally wrong but logic says different

Just lastly everybody wants to see this man recover and I sincerely hope he does

Extract from the Echo report

Mr Dobbin, a father of three and grandfather, has been left severely disabled and brain damaged after suffering serious injuries and is now in a rehabilitation unit at Addenbrookes Hospital where he has daily physiotherapy and speech and language therapy.

Whether he contributed to his injuries I don't know. I do think that he will never be as he was before the attack and his recovery will clearly never be complete. I just wish him as well as he can become.

Extract from the Echo report

Mr Dobbin, a father of three and grandfather, has been left severely disabled and brain damaged after suffering serious injuries and is now in a rehabilitation unit at Addenbrookes Hospital where he has daily physiotherapy and speech and language therapy.

Whether he contributed to his injuries I don't know. I do think that he will never be as he was before the attack and his recovery will clearly never be complete. I just wish him as well as he can become.

reports in media insinuate he was an innocent bystander - but who knows eh,,? hopefully the truth will become clear In the trial

a lot of lives ruined over something that could have been avoided

How sad this poor man and his family have been left with this devastation. I certainly hope the creatures who inflicted this are banged away for many years.

See the Daily Mails report today on his condition update says he was attacked by rival fans!!! I thought it wasn't clear that it was our fans or who they were?

See the Daily Mails report today on his condition update says he was attacked by rival fans!!! I thought it wasn't clear that it was our fans or who they were?
Cue usual response that the DM gets most things wrong.....! :facepalm:It's an assumption isn't it, nothing more. We won't really know until after the court case.

Rival fans could mean Wet Spam.

It could mean any club but the inference will always be SUFC. The thing is that with something like this there absolutely no point in anyone getting indignant, certainly not on here. The court case will eventually happen and when it does, real facts will emerge with all the consequences.

Back