• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Funnily enough, when there's a sin bin involved, players start behaving themselves. I umpire hockey at the same level as League 1 in football, and I can tell you for a fact that when you make players concentrate more on their tackling you get a much more open, skillful game.

I agree that Cokers foul technically wasn't a red card - that wasn't my argument. But his foul was deliberate and cynical and for that IMHO he should be made to leave the pitch - my argument is that the rules need changing to do that.

I actually prefer the 'sinbin' idea for those borderline decisions.

Some fouls are a straight red, like that hatchet job by the Burnley fella on Mata the other week, but there's this increasing "take one for the team" mentality these days and if a sinbin was introduced of, say, 15 minutes, then that could change that mentality slightly.

It might also help refs who are not sure what to give. I think this happened yesterday. It was a borderline one for the ref, but as someone said on another thread, he went for the red, partly because of where the incident took place.

To be honest, I am really nervous as it's the first time we are 3rd going to the last game, I hope the players are not nervous like me!!

Funnily enough, when there's a sin bin involved, players start behaving themselves. I umpire hockey at the same level as League 1 in football, and I can tell you for a fact that when you make players concentrate more on their tackling you get a much more open, skillful game.

I agree that Cokers foul technically wasn't a red card - that wasn't my argument. But his foul was deliberate and cynical and for that IMHO he should be made to leave the pitch - my argument is that the rules need changing to do that.
I dont think it was , the tv footage appears to indicate that Coker tripped himself up pulling out of a challenge, fell behind the Luton player and brushed his back foot with his hand. Didnt look deliberate or cynical to me

I agree with the fish man. It was cynical and he knew exactly what he was doing. Doesn't stop me from wanting it overturned though! I do wish the refs would be stronger in dealing with players surrounding them to get opposing players sent off. That is an aspect that should be worthy of an immediate booking in itself. It is called Ungentlemanly Conduct and not in the spirit of the game.

Surprising what a bit of pressure does to teams.Once news had filtered through that Bury were two up,Wycombe concede a goal and Southend lose arguably their best defender (albeit you did end up winning but he misses last game).

Surprising what a bit of pressure does to teams.Once news had filtered through that Bury were two up,Wycombe concede a goal and Southend lose arguably their best defender (albeit you did end up winning but he misses last game).

You're surely not suggesting that your lot scoring contributed to Cokes getting sent off?? Behave! and he only misses out if an appeal fails, so it ain't over yet.

You're surely not suggesting that your lot scoring contributed to Cokes getting set off?? Behave! and he only misses out if an appeal fails, so it ain't over yet.
Cant be certain but who knows as in truth he did not need to be reckless as there were other defenders around that area.It was a rash challenge and he should be banned.It was similar to when our full back was sent off and missed 3 games.Seen it on the fl show.

Cant be certain but who knows as in truth he did not need to be reckless as there were other defenders around that area.It was a rash challenge and he should be banned.It was similar to when our full back was sent off and missed 3 games.Seen it on the fl show.

Please tell me you're not morphing into a WUM Krambo.

Far from a WUM.Just try to be as true as i can be regarding teams and situations.Just because i think he should be banned does not make me a WUM (or dislikes your team).No matter whichever team he played for id be saying the same thing.If anything,its you being biased if you think a tackle like that deserves no ban.

Far from a WUM.Just try to be as true as i can be regarding teams and situations.Just because i think he should be banned does not make me a WUM.No matter whichever team he played for id be saying the same thing.If anything,its you being biased if you think a tackle like that deserves no ban.

Yeah, but the point is this is the Shrimper Zone message board so I'm completely allowed to be as biased as I want. And I want him available for Morecambe.

If we go up automatically (which i doubt),im still thinking about going to the L2 and L1 play off finals.Doubt i could do the championship one as im sure the prices would be astronomical.

And therein lies the issue. With other defenders around it shouldn't have been a red card.

Back