• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick

Morning All,

is is looking like we are going to see out our allocation at Morecambe next week which is awesome.
For those who don't get get tickets do you think the club would put a big screen up at Roots Hall to watch the match live like they did against Colchester a few years ago?

Would allow more people to watch it and boost the clubs finances a bit!

Thanks,

Nick

Wouldn't it be better to just lay on free coaches to actually be at the game?

Was talking about this earlier with a mate and he thinks that as SkyBet seemed to have rights on everything, they would block it, which is nuts.

Think it's a great idea.

They would not consider this until AFTER we have sold all our tickets otherwise people would not go and just watch the big screen...costing Morcombe cash.

I'm sure TV rights etc prohibits games being shown live unless designated as a live televised game.

I'm sure TV rights etc prohibits games being shown live unless designated as a live televised game.

Interestingly they show the match live in the Far Post during the game but I expect that's allowed as its in the ground and the club isn't losing revenue as a result. However, legally is this contravening SkyBet tv rights ?

Its a great idea ..Prem clubs such as Arsenal and Spurs show their away games on big screens at their home ground when there is a long distance involved such as Newcastle and Sunderland .. the downside of course being they already have big screens at the ground and enough money to pay for rights to the game We would have to open say the East stand and the Far Post Bar and install the screen so maybe £10 per head to get in and £3 for oap/juniors ..Personally due to work I can not make it next Saturday but I could to Roots Hall ..The atmosphere would be great !!

Would be an absolutely fantastic idea if we could manage it. If we sell out our allocation then the lost revenue for Morecambe issue is no longer a problem. I'd definitely be interested and to be honest would be more than happy to pay £20 for it if I have to.

Any chance Scott or the Trust can speak to the club or Steve Kavanagh and get an answer on this?

Even if they can't do a big screen, then maybe have it on in the Shrimpers Club, the various bars around the ground and the private boxes, possibly?

Didn't the club do it for one of the Col Ewe games a number of years back? Or am I losing my marbles?

Didn't the club do it for one of the Col Ewe games a number of years back? Or am I losing my marbles?

Yes.

No.

And it doesn't infringe the Sky rights, who do you think supplies the feed at an appropriate price? :-)

Remember this happening, was in November (not sure of the year), but it was at Layer Road when it happened so it was a good while back.

Remember this happening, was in November (not sure of the year), but it was at Layer Road when it happened so it was a good while back.

It was near the end of the season when we smashed them 3-0 in League One, we were both going for promotion. I was at Roots Hall watching it because I couldn't get a ticket for the game.

It was near the end of the season when we smashed them 3-0 in League One, we were both going for promotion. I was at Roots Hall watching it because I couldn't get a ticket for the game.

Knew it was for a 3-0 win, just couldn't remember when! In all fairness I was quite young at the time, so my memories a little flakey!!

.....*Cough*

Yes.

No.

I remember the atmosphere in the home end was quiet as most SUFC fans took over the home end lol

Back