• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp Curry

Youth Team
According to Twitter the club are going to put on a 95 seater plane to Morecombe. Cost expected to be £250-300! Seems a bit steep.

Very expensive that. Can understand if it is the same plane as the players, but even then, can't justify paying three times as much as the train (which is bad enough already).

I paid around £200 to get to Edinburgh a while back, a chartered plane surely always going to cost a bit more?

Judging by the reaction on Twitter the club have just announced that they're going to bareback fan's mums hard.

nothing like a knee jerk over reaction.

Judging by the reaction on Twitter the club have just announced that they're going to bareback fan's mums hard.

nothing like a knee jerk over reaction.

Indeed, this was never going to be a service for 'regular' fans. It'll be half full of directors, players families and probably some business associates of Rons. I don't think the club is trying to rip anyone off. It's just expensive to charter a plane.

People on twitter saying they would go if its £50 and that you can fly anywhere with Easyjet really cheap!
All I can say is go to a Private Jet Hire company and book a plane yourself and charge everyone £50!!
Whilst £250 to £300 is expensive,I'm not sure the club would actually be making much if any profit.

the last time i flew to a southend away game was scarborough away in the FA cup. winners were to play chelsea live on tv next round. as the coaches were not getting back til about 3am + i get up to go to work at 5am i thought i 'd go VIP + catch the flight, arranged by the club, i think it cost £200 . it was a great buzz to travel with the team until after the match which we lost + everyone was sulking, and the local airport was shut so we had to coach i think to Teeside to catch the plane home from there. Once we finally got the coach home from Stansted , we pulled into Roots Hall ......... just to see the final fans being dropped off from those who travelled on the coach for a tenner! gutted !

According to Twitter the club are going to put on a 95 seater plane to Morecombe. Cost expected to be £250-300! Seems a bit steep.

They do know there Isn't an airport in Morecambe. Could be a bumpy landing!:winking:

Obviously they'll use Blackpool.

Back in a former life, I dealt with and handled the private charter of our aircraft, by the club.

Worked well, especially the trips to Carlisle, but I would say the logistics of landing permission, runway slots, ATC cleareance, crewing the aircraft and so on are not to be left to the last minute, if they are going to do this for sure.

People on twitter saying they would go if its £50 and that you can fly anywhere with Easyjet really cheap!
All I can say is go to a Private Jet Hire company and book a plane yourself and charge everyone £50!!
Whilst £250 to £300 is expensive,I'm not sure the club would actually be making much if any profit.

Its never going to be £50.

I thought flights were really cheap, yet paid £200 to go to Edinburgh. You an get decent deals to some places, but not all.

Easyjet make a loss on a lot of planes they fly, and a quick google and a flight to Manchester from Heathrow is £99, You just have to travel the other side of London, pay for parking etc on top.

Chartered is always going to be more, its a luxury.

Ps, How ironic that Luton's sponsors might be flying us to our promotion party!:smile:

They do know there Isn't an airport in Morecambe. Could be a bumpy landing!:winking:

Obviously they'll use Blackpool.

Back in a former life, I dealt with and handled the private charter of our aircraft, by the club.

Worked well, especially the trips to Carlisle, but I would say the logistics of landing permission, runway slots, ATC cleareance, crewing the aircraft and so on are not to be left to the last minute, if they are going to do this for sure.

Lets hope its not a south stand tea-bar of a flight then

Very rough figures, but if it's one of their A319's, they take 156 passengers.

On a day stop, crew resting and aircraft staying in Blackpool, then you might get away with around £15-£20K to charter the aircraft (rough figures).

So, even selling the full capacity, I'd say they'll pitch it at about £150.00 a seat.

Check : Sorry, re-read the thread in full and see the initial idea is a 95 seater, so £300.00 does seem a bit steep.

Bit odd. Why not go for 156 seater, especially as the train option is a no go now, returning on the same day!

That sounds right, according to some charter websites you can get a 150-200 seater for around 15k so I guess the club will be making a fair profit.

The cost will depend on where the aircraft is based, as well, as they would add in a factor for positioning the aircraft from, say, Luton to Southend and back.

If they could utlilise one of the A319's based in Southend, then great, but they will be fully flying that day, I would think.

Back