• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think its also the Morecambe carnival down on the seafront this weekend. Wouldn't have thought it would affect the traffic that much but anyone thinking of parking at the seafront and walking up might hit a bit of congestion.

I was thinking of parking down a street near the ground beforehand then moving to the seafront after the match as the hotel I'm staying in is on the prom, hopefully carnival would've cleared by then

to all those driving, don't forget your scarfs in the rear window or out the side window so we can wave at each other.
Would expect there to me a lot of cars driving up , all around the same time.

Its worth noting that the coaches are leaving at around 7.00, so arguably there is no need to leave any earlier. We haven't decided a time, car from Wickford but reading this thread I am guessing 8.00. Wont be able to sleep for second Friday on the trot - The wifes response included 'sad', 'pathetic' and 'grown man' - they just don't understand

I will be driving in from Blackpool on the Saturday morning. What would be the best way to approach, use the M6 or A588 ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Worth also bearing in mind that there is approx 40 miles worth of 50 mph speed restriction zones across the M1 and M6 - the largest stretch is on the M1 for about 20 miles. We left Stockport at 7.10am last Saturday for the Luton game and got to Basildon approx 11.50am and this included a quick toilet and drink stop at Watford Gap. Came back Sunday left at midday and walked back through the front door at 3.50pm. Morecambe is probably a good 1 hr 10 on from us.

to all those driving, don't forget your scarfs in the rear window or out the side window so we can wave at each other. R
Would expect there to me a lot of cars driving up , all around the same time.

Its worth noting that the coaches are leaving at around 7.00, so arguably there is no need to leave any earlier. We haven't decided a time, car from Wickford but reading this thread I am guessing 8.00. Wont be able to sleep for second Friday on the trot - The wifes response included 'sad', 'pathetic' and 'grown man' - they just don't understand

dont own a scarf so I'll be sticking a old yellow away shirt in the rear window lol...

I think its also the Morecambe carnival down on the seafront this weekend. Wouldn't have thought it would affect the traffic that much but anyone thinking of parking at the seafront and walking up might hit a bit of congestion.
NO!Don't stop the carnival!You'll never find a better way....

Personally when I go 'Up North', I go M11, A14 and then up M1 and onto the A50 to Stoke and onto the M6 there. That way you miss out most of the M25 and the M1 bad bits and the dreaded Brum chaos on the M6. It also breaks up the journey for the driver. Keep this route a secret and don't tell any one.

M6 after Manchester will be shocking with Lake District bound traffic on a Bank Holiday weekend with fair weather forecast.:'(

I drive up to the Lake District regularly which is another junction up the M6 plus half an hour, whole journey takes 5 hours without stops & I'd say Morecambe is 45 mins less. So factor in a couple of stops & a bit of traffic & you're looking at 5 to 6 hours max. M6 toll is worth every penny! Annoying thing is I'm up here now but have to drive back to Essex on Friday for a family commitment, I'll be the only shrimper driving in the wrong direction!

For the Bury Game (from Rochford area) we left earlier to avoid the Manchester 5ish work time traffic, and the same will be the same for Morecambe for the lunchtimers build up. We will again use the A1 to junct 32a and cut back across the M62 (which had minor delays for heavy merging traffic for around 10mins) - and up the M61 to join the M6 much later. This avoided most of the publicised M1/M6 road works, £11 in tolls/speed cameras and major cities, as well as whole the of the M1 and less M25. This route will add 22 miles each way for the Morecambe trip but it went so smoothly that we dont mine that, along with the other benefits. Fingers crossed we are as lucky. Morecoambe; 299 miles using this way, 277 using M1/M6 toll.

Bury was 4.5hrs non stop well within speed limits, homeward was 4.10 again within limits.

You takes ya pick and hopes...the key I suppose is leaving early, as the game itself may well be enough drama for the day.

M6 after Manchester will be shocking with Lake District bound traffic on a Bank Holiday weekend with fair weather forecast.:'(
Weather forecast has changed to heavy rainfall for most of the day but improving Sunday and Monday.
Drive safely everyone and arrive stress free, ready for a stressful afternoon:smile:

Back