• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wont delay KO as all games have to be played at same time on last day so no one gets an unfair advantage of knowing others results.

So what is the general consensus to the best route then. If you take J35 is there anyway you can get there without taking the coast road through the carnival?

The actual carnival is Sunday, there's various things going on at the beach tomorrow so should be ok! Well I'm using the coast road so fingers crossed but leaving Essex at 7am!

It absolutely amazes me that Blackpool are playing at home at the same time, and Morecambe carnival will be running. Can you imagine Essex Police's reaction if they were told to have the Carnival and one match on at the same time, let alone two!

They're not, they're playing at 12:15.

It's over 40 miles away. We often play when West Ham, Dagenham, Colchester (rarely) or Leyton Orient are at home.

Blackburn is slightly nearer; they're at home too.

As for the carnival, the main parade is Sunday ..... I am not sure what sort of crowd the Saturday Dancing Horses display on the beach will attract !!!

It's over 40 miles away. We often play when West Ham, Dagenham, Colchester (rarely) or Leyton Orient are at home.

As for the carnival, the main parade is Sunday ..... I am not sure what sort of crowd the Saturday Dancing Horses display on the beach will attract !!!
Are they? I thought when the Blackpool supporter came on recently inviting us to attend and join their protest that the kick offs were at the same time?

Are they? I thought when the Blackpool supporter came on recently inviting us to attend and join their protest that the kick offs were at the same time?

They are. Mrs GYS is a seaso at Carrow Road and all Championship games KO at 12.15 as Mick said.

There's dancing horses on the beach and I'm going to a poxy football match!! A spare ticket has just become available.

Just had a call from a mate of mine who is staying in Lancaster and drove into Morecambe earlier this evening.

Said the drive into Morecambe was very slow, even coming off at J35 and also, there's roadworks on the A14 connecting road at the top of the M11/A1, if anyone is driving that way tomorrow.

If using the A1, probably better to go right round the M25 to South Mimms.

I was speaking to man in the ticket shop at Morcombe today.
He said done come of the M6 at Lancaster other wise you will be in long delays as there doing a new By pass there.
He actually said Accrington fc Came he the other week and the coaches got to the ground at Half time and a lot of supporters turned round apparently.

He said go on further up the M6 and come of at Junction 35 and come back on the A6 via the bay other wise you may not get to the Game on time.:omg::smile:

Don't forget those who are travling by car and coach this from the man in the mocombe ticket office.

Email from carnival organiser
David Brayshaw (david@aquaengineering.co.uk)

Add to contacts

21:18

To: colin

david@aquaengineering.co.uk

This is a email from the carneval website page with qustions

Before about 12 id suggest j34 and follow signs, after that yes to j35 and prom

Come off at 34
Go AWAY from Morecambe and over the river at Halton (resricted width, no coaches).
Then back along the other side.
You'll avoid Lancaster and the coast road.

We have driven some of the way tonight. The M1 & M6 have speed restrictions and lane closures so please leave in plenty of time if coming up in the morning

Yep, have driven up to Knutsford tonight, yep traffic was free flowing, took the M6 toll road, that was really nice and easy, as described there are 50mph speed restrictions on the m1 and m6 but the traffic was flowing nicly through it. now just wondering weather to do junction 34 or junction 35 tomorrow.

snr.

Yep, have driven up to Knutsford tonight, yep traffic was free flowing, took the M6 toll road, that was really nice and easy, as described there are 50mph speed restrictions on the m1 and m6 but the traffic was flowing nicly through it. now just wondering weather to do junction 34 or junction 35 tomorrow.

snr.

Are you just outside? Knutsford City Limits?

Come off at 34
Go AWAY from Morecambe and over the river at Halton (resricted width, no coaches).
Then back along the other side.
You'll avoid Lancaster and the coast road.

This sounds good.

Also the A1 and M62 is a decent alternative to take you up to Manchester. You can then hit the M61 up to Preston.

That way you can miss the M25, M1, and almost all of the M6.

Back