• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should the FA allow Smoke Bombs ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not have an area set aside for those who want/like smoke bombs?

Somewhere such as 100 yards south of the end of the pier .........:tease:

via http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmpublic/seriouscrime/memo/sc13.htm

Smoke bombs can also burn at high temperatures. They are designed for use in open spaces and can be dangerous in confined spaces for those with asthma and breathing difficulties.

It is very difficult to extinguish pyrotechnics once lit because they often contain burning metals. Even after they stop burning, they will be too hot to handle for some time and could still set fire to flammable items like litter. In crowds, flares or smoke bombs cause serious burns, smoke inhalation injuries and panic or asthma attacks.

So in conclusion, they aren't exactly safe. Also fail to see how they add to the atmosphere aside filling the stand with coloured smoke.

I can't believe that we are even having this question. It is a no brainer. Of course we shouldn't have them. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the dangers.
I can tell you here and now, if I see anyone with one at any Southend match, I will personally hand them over to the police. I don't want my club being dragged before the League or FA again or our reputation ruined by a few mindless idiots. The majority of our fans are brilliant but it only takes one person to spoil it for the rest. Rant over.

How many more times are we going to have the same debate on this. Please, please, please close this mods. personal opinion only.

I can't believe that we are even having this question. It is a no brainer. Of course we shouldn't have them. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the dangers.
I can tell you here and now, if I see anyone with one at any Southend match, I will personally hand them over to the police. I don't want my club being dragged before the League or FA again or our reputation ruined by a few mindless idiots. The majority of our fans are brilliant but it only takes one person to spoil it for the rest. Rant over.

You act as if it's a bomb like jheez so dangerous!!! But in reality they really aren't that dangerous, you sound like a headteacher at a primary school trying to ban foam footballs hahaha

How many more times are we going to have the same debate on this. Please, please, please close this mods. personal opinion only.

And its only a debate why does it affect you? If you don't like it why are you still posting or turn notifications off surely???

You act as if it's a bomb like jheez so dangerous!!! But in reality they really aren't that dangerous, you sound like a headteacher at a primary school trying to ban foam footballs hahaha

Look on the bright side: it could be worse as he could sound like the primary school pupil who has had his foam football banned and won't take no for an answer.

And I would suggest that you are probably not old enough to fully understand the concept of exactly WHY they are dangerous. Did you even have any knowledge of the fire at Bradford before last Saturday? Do you or any of your family have breathing difficulties or conditions?

All these types of devices are illegal in the UK at football grounds. End of story.

And its only a debate why does it affect you? If you don't like it why are you still posting or turn notifications off surely???

I'm posting because the debate on this is a total waste of time. You're entitled to post your opinion and I'm entitled to respond. How I do it is my choice, not yours.

Just voted.

Blimey, the North Korean General Election was a close run thing in comparison!

Look on the bright side: it could be worse as he could sound like the primary school pupil who has had his foam football banned and won't take no for an answer.

I am just debating my side of the argument hardly taking no for an answer.

And I would suggest that you are probably not old enough to fully understand the concept of exactly WHY they are dangerous. Did you even have any knowledge of the fire at Bradford before last Saturday? Do you or any of your family have breathing difficulties or conditions?

All these types of devices are illegal in the UK at football grounds. End of story.

So one incident happens (in a wooden stand) and you think that this will happen whenever someone let's off a smoke bomb? I think you lack the concept of what a smoke bomb is. Why don't people go "I remember that time when smoke bombs never caused a fire or death in a football stand" because people always go for the bad option the thing that is 1 in a billion chance and further more it is assumed that the bradford fire was started by discarded cigarette... In a wooden stand.

So one incident happens (in a wooden stand) and you think that this will happen whenever someone let's off a smoke bomb? I think you lack the concept of what a smoke bomb is. Why don't people go "I remember that time when smoke bombs never caused a fire or death in a football stand" because people always go for the bad option the thing that is 1 in a billion chance and further more it is assumed that the bradford fire was started by discarded cigarette... In a wooden stand.

Seriously? Say that to the loved ones of those that died. Wind your neck in now and shut the **** up

Of course, back in the 70's we also had a smoke problem, mainly caused by the programme seller's pipe.

Some evenings, you could barely see the North Bank goal through the haze!

I think we're all agreed (well 89.78%) that the only thing that should be on the pitch, except the players and the referee are, of course, streakers!

There's always a place for that sort of interruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back