• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Imagine none of you knowing facts behind a situation. Bet you couldn't wait to get home to your keyboards :zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz:

Not digging you out Scott but it did look bad. I thought you were gonna end up getting arrested which nobody would want to see. Clearly something went on but fighting solves nothing and ending up with a ban from football grounds isn't something myself or anyone else would want you to end up with. You represent SUFC as an employee and need to be whiter than white

Not digging you out Scott but it did look bad. I thought you were gonna end up getting arrested which nobody would want to see. Clearly something went on but fighting solves nothing and ending up with a ban from football grounds isn't something myself or anyone else would want you to end up with. You represent SUFC as an employee and need to be whiter than white

I wasn't gonna just stand there while I saw a mate get cornered by 4/5 and one of them having him by the throat.

I was trying to get to him to pull him away from a situation rather than starting anything myself.

I wasn't gonna just stand there while I saw a mate get cornered by 4/5 and one of them having him by the throat.

I was trying to get to him to pull him away from a situation rather than starting anything myself.

It may not have looked good, but I caught a glimpse of what happened mate, and I'd have done the same if forced into such a corner.

In fact, at the end of the Burton game last season, the same (no doubt) Stone Island clad kiddies rushed past my 67 year old Dad and girlfriend to get on to the pitch, pushing both down the terracing in the process - I reacted instinctively, and handbags ensued. Not proud of it, but sometimes some self-policing is absolutely necessary.

Agree that 99% of our support is top class, but that 1% tend to stick out like a sore thumb and are, like it or not, helping our away support attract an unwanted reputation. Pathetic.

It may not have looked good, but I caught a glimpse of what happened mate, and I'd have done the same if forced into such a corner.

In fact, at the end of the Burton game last season, the same (no doubt) Stone Island clad kiddies rushed past my 67 year old Dad and girlfriend to get on to the pitch, pushing both down the terracing in the process - I reacted instinctively, and handbags ensued. Not proud of it, but sometimes some self-policing is absolutely necessary.

Agree that 99% of our support is top class, but that 1% tend to stick out like a sore thumb and are, like it or not, helping our away support attract an unwanted reputation. Pathetic.

Let's give them a slap to keep them in order. I am sure the club hates this juvenile problem of late.

Are they getting the coaches there? If so perhaps they should get banned if found to be causing other fans grief.

I get your point but maybe alerting the stewards in a, calm manner may have been a better option. I do understand emotions were running high etc but you just risked getting yourself in trouble

From where were yesterday it just looked like some of the supporters were fighting amongst themselves however, unfortunately, few of us would know the real cause only what we were seeing and it is then that people will make judgements and remarks. Sadly though, mud sticks and then people talk and before you know where you are everyone is playing Chinese whispers and the real story becomes lost in people's own event/version.
Right or wrong this is just making us look like a troublesome club and it won't be long before other clubs become wary of us -something which I hope will never happen as I truely believe Southend is a family club and I certainly regard some of my football friends as family. I have friends who take their small children to games and they should never be fearful to bring them. Jeez, I have been bringing both my children since they were babes in arms and throughout the years my "football family" have always looked out for them.
Whoever, these teenagers are they should be named and shamed to the club and then action taken against them.

I didn't see any police around, which surprised me.

Must say that i thought the Police did a great job by keeping a low presence. Bearing in mind there were more away fans converging on their Town than ever before for a League game, and outnumbering the home fans. It could have been so easy for them to show up in big numbers, and adopt a heavy handed approach, as many other Police forces would have done in various other locations.
Even during late morning in the Town (we arrived at 9.40 am), there were many Blues fans walking about and in good numbers in the Wetherspoons Bar making their presence heard, we only spotted a couple of Coppers walking about.
No 'Meat Wagons' parked up in side streets, as would have been the case in several other places.
6 of us stayed overnight in a Hotel on the front, and although it was a lousy evening, result wise & Weather as well, wandering around we found the locals decent friendly people, happy to answer our questions where to go etc.

Must say it is becoming more depressing each day for me to be a S.U.F.C supporter, when we equalised a couple of knobs in the north terrace decided it would be a good idea to jump over the barrier and onto the side of the pitch.I mentioned it shouldn't be done and was turned on by a fellow who had two young children with him, told me I was a silly old sod, they were just having fun.I do not know what kind if example he is setting to his children if he thinks this behaviour is acceptable.
On the way home on the SHrimperstrust no 2 coach had one lout behind me and every single word that come out of his mouth was F and C.
I will not be hurrying to anymore away games owing to ill health but more importantly I am getting sick and tired of the behaviour of some of our fans.

Last edited:
Must say it is becoming more depressing each day for me to be a S.U.F.C supporter, when we equalised a couple of knobs in the north terrace decided it would be a good idea to jump over the barrier and onto the side of the pitch.I mentioned it shouldn't be done and was turned on by a fellow who had two young children with him, told me I was a silly old sod, they were just having fun.I do not know what kind if example he is setting to his children if he thinks this behaviour is acceptable.
On the way home on the SHrimperstrust no 2 coach had one lout behind me and every single word that come out of his mouth was F and C.
I will not be hurrying to anymore away games owing to ill health but more importantly I am getting sick and tired of the behaviour of some of our fans.

Symptomatic of the society we increasingly find ourselves living in my friend. This is the inevitable consequence when arseholes have children...

Symptomatic of the society we increasingly find ourselves living in my friend. This is the inevitable consequence when arseholes have children...
At 70 years old I do not expect to be told by some arsehole I am a silly old sod, a silly old sod like me laying my life on the line for my country for a prat like that beggars belief.

No sorry you do that u should be banned from all grounds

So we should ban the 500 Southend fans who went on the Wycombe pitch at the end of the 10/11 season?
If it's during the 90 mins then yes fine ban them for three years. If it's at the end of the final game of the season theres no need to be so steep on the punishment!

Back