• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Then they're talking rubbish.

He made a very short speech on the plane on the way home. It wasn't very good or very eloquent, but you could tell from his voice he was extremely upset.

I'm sure if we go up in the Playoffs he will, like the rest of us, think it was a much better route. However I'm sure he, like the rest of us, would rather we were already promoted.

Winning promotion via the play offs is better in my opinion than winning the title, problem is only one team gets to win it. I would rather have won Saturday and miss out on Wembley.

He made a very short speech on the plane on the way home. It wasn't very good or very eloquent, but you could tell from his voice he was extremely upset.

Did he make his speech in bulletpoint form?

I'm sure if we go up in the Playoffs he will, like the rest of us, think it was a much better route. However I'm sure he, like the rest of us, would rather we were already promoted.

Winning promotion via the play offs is better in my opinion than winning the title, problem is only one team gets to win it. I would rather have won Saturday and miss out on Wembley.

Agreed- Pretty obvious that Ron would be upset and pretty obvious that given a choice - going up via playoffs vs going up as 3rd place team every sane person would take the Wembley route. But no one is given that choice.

I am trying to be positive . We are saving our first match scoring three goals with Barrett getting the winner for Wembley The great day out and promotion and the extra money it brings will mean that we are in a better financial position, and the positive mood of the players will help the club in contract negotiations. Added to that isn't there a stat that shows that 'on everage' the teams that go up via the play offs do best in the 1st year of the higher league?

any other season 84 points would get u promoted and your calling for the sack small team on a small budget play offs 2 yrs in a row I call that good

Yes! Completely agree. People seem to think we have a right to be top 3 every season. I think us consistently getting anywhere near promotion is impressive. PB and PS (and even Ron) have/are all doing commendable jobs in my eyes.

Agreed- Pretty obvious that Ron would be upset and pretty obvious that given a choice - going up via playoffs vs going up as 3rd place team every sane person would take the Wembley route. But no one is given that choice.

I am trying to be positive . We are saving our first match scoring three goals with Barrett getting the winner for Wembley The great day out and promotion and the extra money it brings will mean that we are in a better financial position, and the positive mood of the players will help the club in contract negotiations. Added to that isn't there a stat that shows that 'on everage' the teams that go up via the play offs do best in the 1st year of the higher league?

I know one team who did:whistling:

Winnings the play-offs at Cardiff is one off my all-time favourite day supporting us but give me a title win any day I can't handle all this stress man!

d
Stevenage fan here. We rested 8 players from the previous match and got match time for returning injured/squad players so dont read too much into that.

Ian, welcome to the Zone.

Who should we be looking out for? What's your gut feel about the game? Optimistic? Pessimistic?

d
Stevenage fan here. We rested 8 players from the previous match and got match time for returning injured/squad players so dont read too much into that.

Yeah, I'm sure you did, and with good reason . If this were the Stevenage message board I wouldn't suggest they bottled it, but it ain't, it's ShrimperZone so I'm free to be outrageous....

Last edited:
FWIW, I think we will win on Sunday buy an odd goal and lose at RH by a greater margin. SUFC away always comes up as one of the best aways all season yet we never get a result.

You could say we have gate crashed the PO's which whilst we are a good, together unit, we lack good technical football in many of the individuals. Works in L2 but not in L1

Final SUFC v Wycombe, who knows the outcome

Back