• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We have just won the last 7/8 games going into the playoffs...how dare anyone say we have bottled it, the possibility of automatics was unthinkable a month ago.

Agree, look at Derby & Preston, on paper winnable games, also fall short. Still find it hard to understand that any true "Shrimper" can't put aside the raw disappointment we all felt yesterday around the world, whether we were at the game or not. We should all be positive and right behind everyone at the club. The irony is that now we can get promoted in a more dramatic and exciting fashion. Well done lads, we've still got a lot to play for. Will be watching the games here on Sky.

I think I am slowly getting over yesterday. The past can't be changed, time to look forward. Have to have faith that this team has the resilience to bounce back over the next 3 games.

Frankly, if we can't overcome Stevenage over 2 legs, with a week to prepare, we don't deserve to go up.

Would this be the same Stevenage who I sat and watched put 4 goals past us a few months back. The ones that finished one place below us in the league, or are we playing a different team also called Stevenage

Would this be the same Stevenage who I sat and watched put 4 goals past us a few months back. The ones that finished one place below us in the league, or are we playing a different team also called Stevenage

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, and they were rubbish at Roots Hall. Go with it mate, we have nothing to lose.:smiles:

And 12 points less .

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, and they were rubbish at Roots Hall. Go with it mate, we have nothing to lose.:smiles:

Brilliant they were rubbish back in August.

I have always been optimistic....What I am not is someone who looks down on any opposition. Never did it when I played any team sport and certainly wont start now.

Brilliant they were rubbish back in August.

I have always been optimistic....What I am not is someone who looks down on any opposition. Never did it when I played any team sport and certainly wont start now.

I don't think anyone was asking you to, I certainly wasn't. (I take it you don't include Col Ewe in the don't look down on bit:winking:)

Stevenage fan here.

Firstly want to say hard luck with dropping out at the last second, alot of our fans would have preferred Bury or Wycombe so we're viewing the 2 legs as an uphill struggle.

About our performance in August, the team has now changes drastically most signficantly with the signing of our youth player Ben Kennedy. The team is a completely different prospect (as you saw at our place) to the one that started this season.

The Luton result was an abysmal defeat compared with our domination of Carlisle the previous gane but with 6th place secured and an already significant list of crucical players out injured a 2-0 defeat with no-one out injured from it (Luton has always been a rough tie for us) is an acceptable result.

We're feeling optimistic about the home leg obviously but there is a prevailing concern that we'll repeat our infamous 4-3agg defeat to Cambridge years ago (won the first leg 3-1 then fluffed it at their place 3-0) and hammered at your place.

My prediction

1st leg Stevenage 2-1 Southend
2nd leg Southend 2-0 Stevenage

Best of luck anyway

Stevenage fan here.

Firstly want to say hard luck with dropping out at the last second, alot of our fans would have preferred Bury or Wycombe so we're viewing the 2 legs as an uphill struggle.

About our performance in August, the team has now changes drastically most signficantly with the signing of our youth player Ben Kennedy. The team is a completely different prospect (as you saw at our place) to the one that started this season.

The Luton result was an abysmal defeat compared with our domination of Carlisle the previous gane but with 6th place secured and an already significant list of crucical players out injured a 2-0 defeat with no-one out injured from it (Luton has always been a rough tie for us) is an acceptable result.

We're feeling optimistic about the home leg obviously but there is a prevailing concern that we'll repeat our infamous 4-3agg defeat to Cambridge years ago (won the first leg 3-1 then fluffed it at their place 3-0) and hammered at your place.

My prediction

1st leg Stevenage 2-1 Southend
2nd leg Southend 2-0 Stevenage

Best of luck anyway

Get your money on Stevenage 1-0 Southend, Southend 2-2 Stevenage. Same scoreline that has seen us defeated in the playoffs twice in the last 3 years.

Enjoy the games.

Get your money on Stevenage 1-0 Southend, Southend 2-2 Stevenage. Same scoreline that has seen us defeated in the playoffs twice in the last 3 years.

Enjoy the games.
No I would say 2 nil Stevenage 1-1 second leg ! You seen that league one next year all northern teams ,you can shuff it where the sun don't shine

Frankly, if we can't overcome Stevenage over 2 legs, with a week to prepare, we don't deserve to go up.

As opposed to not being able to beat a mid-table team with nothing to play for, backed by three of the four sides of the ground??

Enjoy the games.

No I would say 2 nil Stevenage 1-1 second leg ! You seen that league one next year all northern teams ,you can shuff it where the sun don't shine

You pair have cheered me up no end. Good to see that 'never say die' attitude is alive and kicking (Morecambe hoardings).

As opposed to not being able to beat a mid-table team with nothing to play for, backed by three of the four sides of the ground??

Yes if that mid table team is Morecambe! The big crowd, in my opinion often works against us. However we have a good record (until late) against Stevenage and up to Saturday on a rich vein of form. Clearly you disagree (although the bookies don't) but I believe that we should see this as eminently 'doable' but if we slip up again then we deserve to languish in the bottom tier.

Back