• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
I notice that both first leg matches are being shown on Sky Sports 1 channel but both second legs (being played at the same time) are not yet allocated channels but simply shown as on Sky Sports channel. Could this be because they want to see the outcome of the first legs before deciding which game is going to be their main match?
I always like to record the matches when we are televised so that I can watch the game again and see if it is how I remembered it live.

The second legs are going to be shown at 19:30 on sky sports 2 and sky sports 5. They've just not decided which way round yet! Our first leg immediately follows Chelsea vs Liverpool on Sky sports 1 so not much to live up too! :smile:

The second legs are going to be shown at 19:30 on sky sports 2 and sky sports 5. They've just not decided which way round yet! Our first leg immediately follows Chelsea vs Liverpool on Sky sports 1 so not much to live up too! :smile:

Are you sure it's SS5? That's normally for European football.

Yep, had a flick through the planner on Virgin and it's got a live FL72 match for that day on sky sports 5 that evening. I'm sure one of the other Playoffs are too.

Do you know how much revenue your getting off sky . Regardless of the channel must be pretty decent

Do you know how much revenue your getting off sky . Regardless of the channel must be pretty decent
A very small amount I think, nothing like the thousands a live cup game can bring in.
The play-offs are all part of the main Sky TV money agreed with all clubs at the start of the season.

A very small amount I think, nothing like the thousands a live cup game can bring in.
The play-offs are all part of the main Sky TV money agreed with all clubs at the start of the season.

its a tad unfair as the 4 clubs in it should obviously get a little bit of the revenue the games bring ,

BUT at least you will be able to showcase your brand of football to a relatively large television audience

Are you sure it's SS5? That's normally for European football.

SS5 is basically just Sky trying to get some extra money, unlike SS1 and SS2 there is no option to just buy SS5 on its own, you need to buy the whole Sky Sports Package, which is why often the bigger champions league game is on there if they have both of them on. I think contractually they have to show Premier League games on SS1, but are under no obligation to do it for the Play Offs, so they can try and tempt a few people to pay for all the channels through this.

its a tad unfair as the 4 clubs in it are should obviously get a little bit of the revenue the games bring ,
BUT at least you will be able to showcase your brand of football to a relatively large television audience

It's just as bad with the play-off gate receipts, 50% goes to the football league. The other 50% is aggregated and divided between the 4 clubs taking part. So out of the play-off games Plymouth will probably get the highest crowd but will end up with the same amount of gate receipts as Southend, Wycombe & Stevenage.

The problem is there won't even be that - the reason for choosing 6.35pm on a Sunday night and 7.45pm on a Thursday night is that those are the times of their lowest viewing figures.

its a tad unfair as the 4 clubs in it should obviously get a little bit of the revenue the games bring ,

True, but we have also been known to play like donkeys when them there cameras turn-up.

In the league, Stevenage brought 557 on a Saturday in August and Southend took 1,249 on a Saturday in February half term. My guess would be that Southend sells out, Stevenage bring roughly 750 (bearing in mind that the latter is midweek).

In the league, Stevenage brought 557 on a Saturday in August and Southend took 1,249 on a Saturday in February half term. My guess would be that Southend sells out, Stevenage bring roughly 750 (bearing in mind that the latter is midweek).

Not sure they will bring 750 if they are already 0-4 down.

How many Stevenage bring will depend on the outcome of Sunday. Also I'm pretty sure we took more than 1249, all 1400 tickets were sold.

6.35pm on a Sunday night is a joke of a kick off time, what about people having to get to work the next day, it'll be a late night for them, esp Southend fans as we have to travel back from Stevenage. Also means it starts at 11pm here on a school night.

Once again Sky have scant regard for the fans.

6.35pm on a Sunday night is a joke of a kick off time, what about people having to get to work the next day, it'll be a late night for them, esp Southend fans as we have to travel back from Stevenage. Also means it starts at 11pm here on a school night.

I'd be a lot more upset at 6.35 p.m. for Plymouth! I don't think the Sunday kick off is too bad, should be home by 10.

What about a normal season Tues night away game? not to mention for the people who want to attend.

Back