• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If a reserved ticket is reserved for a further on part of the journey or part that had passed, then can't people use the seat?

[QUOTE=londonblue;1889178]Interesting. Whether he realises it or not, he's following the leadership model of a certain Adolph Hitler[/B]. He also gave his deputies overlapping responsibilities. That way they spent a lot of their time arguing and trying to outdo each other. It was a way to exert control over them.

On a less serious note we took the boys to see Horrible Histories. They had a section on Guy Fawkes which was brilliantly done as a "Who Want to be a Millionaire", but renamed "Who Wants to Blow Up Parliament". Guy Fawkes phoned a friend which turned out to be Corduroy "because he's also trying to blow up parliament".

It got the biggest laugh in the whole show, at least from the adults. He really isn't popular.[/QUOTE]

Your comparison is grotesque and in bad taste.

Spent the morning in the Museum of Occupation in Riga,where what Hitler did to Latvian Jews and Partizans, during WW2, was well documented.

Traingate? I spend a bit too long on Twitter and not much on Shrimperzone at the moment and you can really get bogged down in some very tedious detail if you like.

Strangely Richard Branson tweeted a photo of Corbyn walking through a carriage where you could clearly see that there reserved tickets sticking out of the headrests. Image if Jez had nicked someone's reserved seat!
Anyway numerous people have since posted photos of themselves sitting on the floor in the same part of the train and backed up what he said. You can read more below if you really want to.
Seems to be - politician on very busy train - politician exaggerated how busy train was says owner of train company - no he didn't exaggerate say various people on the same train.

Meanwhile the Tories are dismantling the Human Rights Act.

http://www.beyondtheheadlines.co.uk/2016/08/23/the-london-to-newcastle-virgin-train-was-ram-packed/

https://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Indeed.

What this amateurism shows us is that Corbyn isn't fit to be Leader of the Opposition.

The country is crying out for some grown up leadership and someone to hold the government to account on the removal of our rights but he's too busy posing for selfies and doing student sit down protests.

I disagree that Corbyn gets flack just because of who he is. Stunts aren't his thing as you say, now Boris who is a idiot gets away with it. Corbyn isn't a idiot which is why he gets found out when his team try to get him to act like one. Photo oppotunities just ain't his thing I'm afraid.

He gets flack because (a) he's inept and (b) he promised a new kind of politics that was above this sort of stunt.

And he's all about photo opportunities so long as it's a selfie.

I disagree that Corbyn gets flack just because of who he is. Stunts aren't his thing as you say, now Boris who is a idiot gets away with it. Corbyn isn't a idiot which is why he gets found out when his team try to get him to act like one. Photo oppotunities just ain't his thing I'm afraid.

If you have the perseverance to plough through this thread again I'm convinced you will find numerous occasions of flack for Corbyn's sake only. If you have better things to do, I would not blame you at all.

[QUOTE=londonblue;1889178]Interesting. Whether he realises it or not, he's following the leadership model of a certain Adolph Hitler[/B]. He also gave his deputies overlapping responsibilities. That way they spent a lot of their time arguing and trying to outdo each other. It was a way to exert control over them.

On a less serious note we took the boys to see Horrible Histories. They had a section on Guy Fawkes which was brilliantly done as a "Who Want to be a Millionaire", but renamed "Who Wants to Blow Up Parliament". Guy Fawkes phoned a friend which turned out to be Corduroy "because he's also trying to blow up parliament".

It got the biggest laugh in the whole show, at least from the adults. He really isn't popular.

Your comparison is grotesque and in bad taste.

Spent the morning in the Museum of Occupation in Riga,where what Hitler did to Latvian Jews and Partizans, during WW2, was well documented.

Nothing wrong with the comparison. Hitler gave his deputies overlapping duties to keep them fighting each other rather than him. Corduroy seems to be doing the same. Whether that's by design or not I don't know.

I don't really care where you've been. I could have mentioned that I've been to Yad Vashem in Jerusalem and the holocaust museum in Nottingham, both of which have led me to that conclusion.

Last edited:
from what i can tell he walked through the train, not just one part of one carriage, and there were seats available. there may not have been unreserved seats in one picture but overall there were and he could have found one.

he's admitted as much by his team firstly saying that there were bags on the seats and then saying that he wanted two together because he wanted to sit with his wife.

so when he said on the video that he couldn't find a seat and had to sit on the floor he was being dishonest.

and this is the problem
1) he promised 'straight talking, honest politics' and has then been dishonest

2) because he's been dishonest people are now talking about his dishonesty rather than the very real issues that we have with railways in this country

and it really gets me that people are blaming the media for reporting this rather than having a problem with Corbyn's dishonesty when they attack other politicians (rightly) for being dishonest.

why is it alright for one politician to be dishonest but not others? hypocrisy.

why is it alright for one politician to be dishonest but not others? hypocrisy.

Golden rule of politics, don't get caught lying or being dishonest. Cynically I could say that all politicians have been guilty of both at one time or another. It's in the job description. Makes me think the pbdream would make a rubbish politician.

Interesting. Whether he realises it or not, he's following the leadership model of a certain Adolph Hitler. He also gave his deputies overlapping responsibilities. That way they spent a lot of their time arguing and trying to outdo each other. It was a way to exert control over them.

It got the biggest laugh in the whole show, at least from the adults. He really isn't popular.

Although the party donor and Owen Smith fan Michael Foster seems to have gotten away with it, referencing Adolf Hitler in political debate could have you suspended from the party so I hope you aren't a member. This was one of the measures brought in to combat anti-Semitism.

It's strange that you use this term of reference considering everything you have written about anti-Semitism. Do you not think that likening someone to Hitler is insulting to the millions that died through his actions?

Funny how he didn't need to sit next her while he was being photographed sitting on the floor. Just an observation.
That is a reasonable observation but if he was going all the way to Newcastle you'd expect seats to become available later in the journey and maybe didn't seem necessary to squeeze next to her on the floor. There were a number of other people sat on the floor so maybe the woman with her kids got the best double floor spaces.
There are so many ways to analyse this and it gets more exciting with every new scenario!

Indeed.

What this amateurism shows us is that Corbyn isn't fit to be Leader of the Opposition.

The country is crying out for some grown up leadership and someone to hold the government to account on the removal of our rights but he's too busy posing for selfies and doing student sit down protests.

He gets flack because (a) he's inept and (b) he promised a new kind of politics that was above this sort of stunt.

And he's all about photo opportunities so long as it's a selfie.
The government have had very little legislation pass through parliament without being watered down or scrapped. That has come to a halt since the party leader has been made to fight another leadership election. Whatever you think of Corbyn it is generally agreed that he will win this second leadership election and the only effect this election will have will be to reaffirm his support from the membership, publicise the disunity in the party and give the Tories 3 months to do whatever they want.

The promotion of Smith to leader contender shows that the challenge is half arsed - he has been an MP for 6 years, few people had ever heard of him and despite the low level of coverage they get he makes as many 'gaffs' as the likes of Corbyn and Boris Johnson.

The Tories can do what they want right now because the leader of the Labour Party is being made to reapply for his job and be involved in numerous lengthy televised debates.

That is a reasonable observation but if he was going all the way to Newcastle you'd expect seats to become available later in the journey and maybe didn't seem necessary to squeeze next to her on the floor. There were a number of other people sat on the floor so maybe the woman with her kids got the best double floor spaces.
There are so many ways to analyse this and it gets more exciting with every new scenario!

Who was the Iraqi who stood up in front of the media shouting that everything was okay and Saddam would be victorious as the US tanks came rolling by into Baghdad in the back ground?
Have you been taking lessons?

Smith saying he/Labour will challenge the article 50 thing (if he wins) will **** off a lot of the Labour root supporters. Probably the last throw of the dice if the odds are anything to go by

Smith saying he/Labour will challenge the article 50 thing (if he wins) will **** off a lot of the Labour root supporters. Probably the last throw of the dice if the odds are anything to go by
It's certainly a strange policy if his angle is 'vote for me as the other guy is unelectable' - to then back a fight that has very recently been lost. I assume it's because he has mirrored Corbyn's policies other than Trident and 2nd referendum is the only other policy he can distinguish himself with. His 'vote for me rather than the guy with the massive mandate from the party membership' needed somewhere to go and seemingly the EU is where he has landed.

Although the party donor and Owen Smith fan Michael Foster seems to have gotten away with it, referencing Adolf Hitler in political debate could have you suspended from the party so I hope you aren't a member. This was one of the measures brought in to combat anti-Semitism.

It's strange that you use this term of reference considering everything you have written about anti-Semitism. Do you not think that likening someone to Hitler is insulting to the millions that died through his actions?

Never have been and never will be a member. But more importantly it happens to be true whether by design or incompetence or even coincidence I couldn't say.

Never have been and never will be a member. But more importantly it happens to be true whether by design or incompetence or even coincidence I couldn't say.
So if we take your statement that 'Interesting. Whether he realises it or not, he's following the leadership model of a certain Adolph Hitler. He also gave his deputies overlapping responsibilities. That way they spent a lot of their time arguing and trying to outdo each other. It was a way to exert control over them.'

You have basically described May's set up of the Foreign Office with Boris Johnson's remit watered down and shared out with Liam Fox and David Davies who were instantly arguing over responsibility, staff, budgets - so presumably you see her as following the leadership model of Adolf Hitler too?

So if we take your statement that 'Interesting. Whether he realises it or not, he's following the leadership model of a certain Adolph Hitler. He also gave his deputies overlapping responsibilities. That way they spent a lot of their time arguing and trying to outdo each other. It was a way to exert control over them.'

You have basically described May's set up of the Foreign Office with Boris Johnson's remit watered down and shared out with Liam Fox and David Davies who were instantly arguing over responsibility, staff, budgets - so presumably you see her as following the leadership model of Adolf Hitler too?

Could well have done, but a) I don't know if that is true for them because they haven't (yet?) been accused of it, and b) this thread isn't about them: I was responding to a point about Corduroy.

However, I take your point. You do see it a lot. Again, who knows if it's by design or incompetence.

Don't forget Hitler started out as a leftie, as many a historian will tell you. Trouble is they just can't help themselves once you give them a bit of power. It doesn't matter what level, Student union, Labour party or the USSR. It always ends in failure.

Back