• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which incidentally is why they cannot come up with a final victim count as a number of those that died weren't on the register of tenants, nor were they 'on the system' so to speak.

And before you go on one of your quite distasteful political point scoring exercises Barna you might do well to remember a salient point. The Grenfell Tower disaster was an accident that had been waiting to happen for years and cannot be blamed on one party or another despite what you say about cuts etc, and up and down the country there are still thousands and thousands of other tower block tenants that have been systematically let down by their council, both Tory and Labour, with an eye to diluting the building regs and saving money over the years.

Every council that sanctioned the building of, now runs and/or owns a tower block without a room by room sprinkler system has been playing a game of risk v cost with peoples lives for decades and inevitably someone was going to pay the price. It's basic risk assessment on a grand scale.

While I agree with your general point, the Grenfell refurb was on the Tories watch.Cost cutting over cladding and the lack of sprinklers was what caused the fire to spread and the subsequent deaths.Jeremy Corbyn was quite right to draw attention to this in Brighton and at PMQ's the week after the fire, when he explicity linked Tory auserity to Grenfell.Tories don't care how the poor die.

What a load of tripe. The labour party shouldn't care less if expelling KL would lead to a court case because it is one they would have won hands down because what he said was a) extremely anti-semitic, and b) completely historically incorrect. (If you don't think so then I urge you to educate yourself because you're just swallowing a whole load of neo nazi propaganda without even realising it. Seriously, if you want to understand the issues properly, you should read this: Click here.) The only way this would have led to a court case if if KL would have brought such a case, which would have done the world a favour because he would have been annihilated in the same way David Irving was.

I'm also not comparing the people that have been dealt with, I'm comparing the actions of the party. One party expels immediately and the other tells people "this is your final last warning" much like a referee without the balls to send someone off.
you constantly give me new things to read and I constantly read them and we still end up with a difference of opinion. If you spent so much time digging up dirt on other parties you would equally find things to be outraged about on all of them. But you choose to focus your attention on Labour and I have the good grace to read and respond and you are still outraged that I still don't agree with the things you were saying months ago. I see things differently to you - that's the long and short of it.

you constantly give me new things to read and I constantly read them and we still end up with a difference of opinion. If you spent so much time digging up dirt on other parties you would equally find things to be outraged about on all of them. But you choose to focus your attention on Labour and I have the good grace to read and respond and you are still outraged that I still don't agree with the things you were saying months ago. I see things differently to you - that's the long and short of it.

Big assumption. If I found the same stuff from other parties I would be just as appalled. However, this thread isn't about other parties, it's about *********, and (in this specific issue) his complete and utter lack of leadership.

Big assumption. If I found the same stuff from other parties I would be just as appalled. However, this thread isn't about other parties, it's about *********, and (in this specific issue) his complete and utter lack of leadership.
but you voted Tory despite the blatant racism of Johnson and Goldsmith and you still insist on Islamifying Corbyn's name so it's difficult to take your points at face value

but you voted Tory despite the blatant racism of Johnson and Goldsmith and you still insist on Islamifying Corbyn's name so it's difficult to take your points at face value

Once again. 2 people compared to a whole party. Hobson's choice I'm afraid. The ONLY decisive action I saw was from May expelling a councilor for something a whole lot less bad than people in the labour party who get a rap on the knuckles at worst.

Moreover, trying to argue that you're just as bad as everyone else when you're supposed to be the party of tolerance isn't exactly a ringing endorsement is it?

Once again. 2 people compared to a whole party. Hobson's choice I'm afraid. The ONLY decisive action I saw was from May expelling a councilor for something a whole lot less bad than people in the labour party who get a rap on the knuckles at worst.

Moreover, trying to argue that you're just as bad as everyone else when you're supposed to be the party of tolerance isn't exactly a ringing endorsement is it?
Livingstone suspended for two years - who else is still in the party who you think should have been expelled?

How much credance do *** and TuiB give to this article from the Independent?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1518782672

An article based on a 500 post mumsnet thread?

It's clear that Labour have a TERF problem, a very very vocal but small group within the party. No real sign that their views are shared more broadly, and most men within the party would stay a million miles way from wading into that hornets nest.

[B]How much credance do *** and TuiB give to this article from the Independent?
[/B]
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1518782672

None at all from me.In fact figures for the last GE show that Jeremy Corbyn appealed more to women Labour voters in all social classes than men.

Interesting too that the article digs up another old (this time 1980) story to attack JC with.During his leadership campaigns and the GE, his campaign staff just used to dig up their old rebuttal stories from the files, to counteract this sort of nonsense.

Ben Bradley the Tory MP who accused Corbyn of selling secrets has been issued a legal letter:

The four legal demands are that Bradley:
- confirms in writing that the defamatory statement will not be repeated in any form
- tweets an apology and asks followers to retweet it
- makes a donation to a charity of Jeremy Corbyn’s choice in lieu of damages
- and pays Jeremy Corbyn’s legal costs.

The charity is likely to be the food bank in Bradley's constituency.

Ben Bradley the Tory MP who accused Corbyn of selling secrets has been issued a legal letter:

The four legal demands are that Bradley:
- confirms in writing that the defamatory statement will not be repeated in any form
- tweets an apology and asks followers to retweet it
- makes a donation to a charity of Jeremy Corbyn’s choice in lieu of damages
- and pays Jeremy Corbyn’s legal costs.

The charity is likely to be the food bank in Bradley's constituency.
A decent response, that. Ben Bradley is an absolute scumbag.

Back