• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloke,they are all the same.

They only know the phrases "lessons must be learn learned" or "I apologise "

Corbyn for my money is a professional protester which is fine on the back benches but it won't cut the mustard as leader.He will win against Smith,then the other crying Labour MP's will demand another course of action which will probably be a breakaway movement teaming up with the Libs.

Being as I find nearly everything you post as boring and juvenile, I find this post has completely stunned me.
It very nearly makes sense!

Bloke,they are all the same.

They only know the phrases "lessons must be learn learned" or "I apologise "

Corbyn for my money is a professional protester which is fine on the back benches but it won't cut the mustard as leader.He will win against Smith,then the other crying Labour MP's will demand another course of action which will probably be a breakaway movement teaming up with the Libs.

I can assure you that there won't be any large scale PLP "breakaway movement".

I can assure you that there won't be any large scale PLP "breakaway movement".

Where does this assurance come from? Nothing is set in stone apart from his re-election. There may be another gang of 4 in the background and with all these threats of deselection it may well happen. You can never say never.

so now the serial rebel and his followers can demand loyalty from others that they've never shown to anyone else, great
It's that or hand power over to the Tories really. We can keep fighting past battles or we can fight the current government.
If you want revenge against Corbyn for often voting against Blair governments then you have already had that with cabinet resignations, court cases and voting purges. Now after winning a 2nd leadership election it's clear the revenge didn't work so it's time to pull together.

It's that or hand power over to the Tories really. We can keep fighting past battles or we can fight the current government.
If you want revenge against Corbyn for often voting against Blair governments then you have already had that with cabinet resignations, court cases and voting purges. Now after winning a 2nd leadership election it's clear the revenge didn't work so it's time to pull together.
My view is that it's time Labour pulled back together under Corbyn....at least until the next GE.
It doesn't do to have an ineffective opposition, and I appreciate that there is evidence that Corbyn and Labour have enjoyed some success in the House of Commons.
If they fail at the next election then those from the membership can rethink on perhaps a new leader.
Unfortunately the current farce is now in danger of getting out of hand if it hasn't already done so, and I don't particularly blame Corbyn for that.

My view is that it's time Labour pulled back together under Corbyn....at least until the next GE.
It doesn't do to have an ineffective opposition, and I appreciate that there is evidence that Corbyn and Labour have enjoyed some success in the House of Commons.
If they fail at the next election then those from the membership can rethink on perhaps a new leader.
Unfortunately the current farce is now in danger of getting out of hand if it hasn't already done so, and I don't particularly blame Corbyn for that.

Certainly the membership has now spoken out twice overwhelmingly in favour of JC and it's time the PLP took heed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37461219

The Tory powers that be must be rubbing their hands in glee at Labour's self-imposed exile from Government for the forseeable future!

Not a fan of Andy Burnham, but this morning he spoke sense.
Asked why JC is favourite for leader he said " People are fed up with spin politics and himself included was part of that set up.
JC offers straight talking and Willnot get into petty name calling of opposition "
Basically it why the membership is growing monthly

UTSp

Not a fan of Andy Burnham, but this morning he spoke sense.
Asked why JC is favourite for leader he said " People are fed up with spin politics and himself included was part of that set up.
JC offers straight talking and Willnot get into petty name calling of opposition "
Basically it why the membership is growing monthly

UTSp

I fondly remember when Burnham was virtually door stepped regarding the Stafford fiasco ,he refused to answer any questions.

The Tory powers that be must be rubbing their hands in glee at Labour's self-imposed exile from Government for the forseeable future!
Indeed. I personally find it really depressing that the result of the next GE has been settled without the Tories needing to do a single thing.

Some people will have that view for various reasons but with all due respect anyone that thinks this based on the Labour leadership result - that is complete bollocks.
I never said it was due to yesterday's result. Personally I'm glad Corbyn won, I like the guy, but, regrettably, he's never going to win a GE. Labour have been drifting ever further from what most of the electorate consider to be electable ever since Blair stepped down and the past 12 months have been catastrophic for them. I find it sad times indeed when someone like May can simply stroll to victory over someone like Corbyn; I really wish somebody within Labour had the answer to that problem, an answer that didn't involve moving back towards Blair's neo-liberal politics, but I just don't believe that they do.

That's exactly what they thought when Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock took over the Labour party leadership....wait a minute.:whistling:

There were nearly 17 years between Michael Foot becoming Labour leader and Labour being in power again.

There were nearly 14 years between Neil Kinnock becoming Labour leader and Labour being in power again.

If, as Harold Wilson (apparently) said, "a week is a long time in politics", then 14 or 17 years certainly counts as "the foreseeable future"

Both set Labour back for many years ,Jezza will follow suit.

Key difference is that both Foot and Kinnock had the support of the the PLP and the membership.

Let's see if the PLP will now get behind it's (twice) elected leader.

If it does, then JC's anti-austerity policies could yet have a greater reasonance with the British electorate than some people seem to think.He has at least, fully earned the right,IMO,to lead the Labour party at the next G/E.

Last edited:
Back