• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Actually Thatcher was bezzie mates with Pinochet so maybe she wasn't looking to rid the word of the Argentine Junta but merely hold on to the Falklands.

You mean to remove an invading army.

They had already made the people start Spanish lessons and drive on the right. It wouldn't be long before they started to disappear (ask Tangled). Labour's failure to back our troops and accusations of war crimes meant they lost a nailed on victory in the 1983 GE.....The British public has never voted for a left wing government since.

They had already made the people start Spanish lessons and drive on the right. It wouldn't be long before they started to disappear (ask Tangled). Labour's failure to back our troops and accusations of war crimes meant they lost a nailed on victory in the 1983 GE.....The British public has never voted for a left wing government since.
I was too young to vote then but you were voting Labour at that time weren't you?

Could it be that they were a murderous right wing dictatorship that underestimated a woman. They had got away with abducting, torturing and killing 1000's of their own citizens......Or have you forgotten that.

They were holding British troops in Prison. Not only was it the only war in recent times that was fully justified it ended the rule of the Miltary Junta and brought back democracy in Argentina. We will never know how many lives that has saved over the decades.......Wonderful example of Britain at its best.

The objective of the Falklands war was to retake the islands. The fact that the Argentine regime was an unsavoury military junta was irrelevant to Thatcher who was very happy to be associated with such people e.g. Pinochet as long as they were onside. The regime change that followed was of course to be welcomed but to give her credit for it when it probably would have happened anyway is frankly risible.

I was too young to vote then but you were voting Labour at that time weren't you?

The objective of the Falklands war was to retake the islands. The fact that the Argentine regime was an unsavoury military junta was irrelevant to Thatcher who was very happy to be associated with such people e.g. Pinochet as long as they were onside. The regime change that followed was of course to be welcomed but to give her credit for it when it probably would have happened anyway is frankly risible.

The only thing risible was the response from the far left MPs of the day. The same ones who backed the IRA in that era would have happily let a murderous regime rule over the islands.

Like many young working class Labour voting lads in the early 80's we were paying a very high the price for union and left wing stupidity over the previous decade. Still we were smart enough to realise that acting like traitors will lose you a GE.

Unfortunately the same blind selfish politics made my union lose all their battles with the Blair government and the Tories after that........The Abbott factor will ensure the next Tory victory.

Last edited:
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/the-bbcs-shameful-silence-on-the-telford-sex-scandal/

Interesting attitude by Labours Naz Shah

The only thing risible was the response from the usual suspects. The same ones who backed the IRA would have happily let a murderous regime rule over the islands.

Like many young working class Labour voting lads in the early 80's we were paying a very high the price for union and left wing stupidity over the previous decade. Still we were smart enough to realise that acting like traitors will lose you a GE.

Unfortunately the same blind selfish politics made my union lose all their battles with the Blair government and the Tories after that........The Abbott factor will ensure the next Tory victory.
what is not valid about this? At the time of the Falklands War I was too young to vote then but you were voting Labour at that time weren't you?

You weren't though.
Of the 2 posts I questioned I'm surprised that's the one you edited.

You know I voted labour in 1983 as I've told you before.

Back to 2018 what do you think of the Naz Shah comments..."Girls in Rotherham should shut up for the sake of diversity"

You know I voted labour in 1983 as I've told you before.

Back to 2018 what do you think of the Naz Shah comments..."Girls in Rotherham should shut up for the sake of diversity"
Just a bit strange that you chastised 1983 Labour voters - when you were one.

Naz didn't use those words but she retweeted them and apologised and deleted and said she hadn't really registered what it said. She was suspended from the party for 6 months and - I can't say I know personally - it has been said she has worked hard to make amends.
The artical you linked to states it was a retweet not her own words, states it was 2017 not 2018, and refer to the tweet as satirical.

Your actual words:

Not sure why so many of you want to cover up for Paedophile gangs.

Which members of Shrimperzone are you referring to?

I don't care what his sexual preferences are. So why would I do that.

Not sure why so many of you want to cover up for Paedophile gangs.

Once again you have failed to answer the question , why won’t you show The forum the evidence .
You really are looking like porkie pie teller

UTS

I imagine you do know that your Labour hero, Tony Benn, opposed the Falklands war? He felt the dispute could best be resolved by the UN.He was right.

Btw,your concluding sentence won't be true for much longer. :winking:

There you go ***, a perfect example of what any whistle blower is up against.

The moment you speak up someone will smugly sneer down at you from their apologists pedestal and attempt to discredit anything we say.

Female MP's in particular should speak up. As for claiming the BBC have no responsibility only the police....Pathetic.

If maninasuitacase wants to put up £100 for the zone against me. I'll point to some evidence he has never heard about Jill Dando......Of course he won't though we all know that.

Post your evidence, and copy in the MET police Rigsby. If you have evidence that could help convict the killer of Jill Dando I do not understand why you are withholding it. It can't be because you are frightened of the consequences otherwise you wouldn't have boasted you had it.

Asking for me to cough up £100 before you will provide evidence in an ongoing murder case shows just who is the pathetic one.

I imagine you do know that your Labour hero, Tony Benn, opposed the Falklands war? He felt the dispute could best be resolved by the UN.He was right.

As far as I know that never happened so to claim he was right you must be either living in a parallel universe, or just be speculating.

Post your evidence, and copy in the MET police Rigsby. If you have evidence that could help convict the killer of Jill Dando I do not understand why you are withholding it. It can't be because you are frightened of the consequences otherwise you wouldn't have boasted you had it.

Asking for me to cough up £100 before you will provide evidence in an ongoing murder case shows just who is the pathetic one.

I don't know who killed Jill Dando and it appears neither do the police after the biggest ever murder investigation by the Met. The Question is have the BBC withheld evidence which has a bearing on the murder enquiry.

You accuse me of making it all up and the BBC has no responsibility, despite the fact we have to legally pay to watch the service. Perhaps you work for the BBC light entertainment department....Who knows why you would react that way. Perhaps you agree with Naz Shah and many others that these victims should shut up because they really only have themselves to blame. Still its easy to see how victims and whistle blowers are smeared and silenced as exactly the same tactics have been used for decades.

What I did not make up is the fact that Jill's friends and a former female colleague at the BBC have stated that she had compiled a dossier on a paedophile ring that included big names in the entertainment world and members of the establishment. BBC executives had failed to act on any of the allegations and it was an avenue that was off limits during the murder investigation. Despite people like Liz Kershaw claiming she was warned not to take on Jimmy Savile as he has very powerful friends including gangsters.

You have to ask your self why Barry George, the local weirdo with an IQ of just 75 was fitted up for the crime and then not compensated after 8 years in prison. Even Jack Straw stepped in to make sure the cloud of suspicion hangs over him and his life is ruined.

On crime watch they were looking for two distinct suspects who knew Jill would be arriving home that morning, something only someone close to her would have known. No one who saw the shooter identified him as Barry George. The second suspect and accomplice was driving a Range Rover, yet Barry George couldn't drive.

The senior investigating officer was Hamish Campbell who was also on the McCann case (no arrests) the Spy in the holdall (no arrests). Then he gets the operation Yewtree as a reward for failure.

The one piece of evidence that he was convicted on was a single speck of gunpowder on a coat taken from his flat and not tested for 15 days. In that time it had ben taken to a police studio and placed on a dummy to be photographed. They had Guns in the studio previously. To say the evidence could have been compromised or cross contaminated is an understatement.

From Yewtree it has lead to further inquiries but with hundreds of suspects, over 150 from the entertainment world. Over 250 'prominent' people yet very few convictions. Unless the accused are dead or dieing we don't hear any more........Funny that.

As far as I know that never happened so to claim he was right you must be either living in a parallel universe, or just be speculating.

On the contrary.What I'm saying, (fairly clearly I think), is that Tony Benn was morally right to suggest that the dispute between the UK and Argentina over the Falklands should have been mediated via the UN.It certainly wasn't a conflict worth anyone losing their life over,IMO.

I wouldn't describe Tony Benn as a hero of mine I just liked his integrity and honesty over expenses etc. I liked the fact that he believed in what he said even if I didn't always agree. Like the Falklands for example.

To claim that the toothless UN would have solved anything is a desperate attempt to discredit the correct action and the clear benefits to Britain, Argentina after the war.

The Victory over the Argentinians gave our country renewed confidence. The US said we couldn't achieve a victory as obviously its more difficult to fight from ships than it is on land. The fact that no one was bothered when the Belgrano was sunk, helped us step up the war in NI and get tough with the IRA...Ultimately was the only reason they surrendered.

Good example of Britain making our own decisions, therefore the right decision and the world becomes a better place for it.

On the contrary.What I'm saying, (fairly clearly I think), is that Tony Benn was morally right to suggest that the dispute between the UK and Argentina over the Falklands should have been mediated via the UN.It certainly wasn't a conflict worth anyone losing their life over,IMO.

In your opinion, and no, it wasn't clear. Either way, please don't state an opinion as fact.

Back