• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is more divide and mistrust in NI than ever before. What's the Prince of Wales got to do with the Jermey Corbyn thread?

He was showing that all sorts of high up people shake hands with all sorts of dodgy or murder linked people. Anyway, no one needs to show Corbyn in a bad light in the past to show him up, he's doing a fine job himself in the present. He's split his party. He's sent an email which is another own goal. The majority of his own Ministers are about to back the Tories for air strikes against ISIL/ISIS.

I have.It's a complete hatchet job and unworthy of the Guardian.

Again, I disagree. It was in the Guardian, a left wing paper, and has shown KL for the person he is. The fact that it's a left wing paper having a go at a left wing politician says to me it's not a hatchet job, but just someone telling the truth as they see it.

Is everything in the Guardian that you disagree with "unworthy"?

And again, people are flocking back to the Labour Party like never before. Don't believe all you read in the Tory press mate.

It's mainly the union members who are coming back to Labour. The Firemen's Union for example, have come back because of Corbyn. They know that Corbyn is a strong union supporter, something they haven't had for decades in a Labour leader. All the Unions told their members to back Corbyn.
But most people in the country do not want to go back to those dark days in the 1960s and 70s when the Unions had too much power and seemed to be on strike for this and that every week, affecting the life's of ordinary people.
Those Union votes will not be enough in a general election. Most of the electorate are being turned off by Corbyn week by week. He's a dinosaur politician. The only party he can take votes from is the Green Party as he has similar views. Elections are won by winning the 'not sure' vote, which is normally about a third of all voters. He will be slaughtered in the 'not sure' vote.

It's mainly the union members who are coming back to Labour. The Firemen's Union for example, have come back because of Corbyn. They know that Corbyn is a strong union supporter, something they haven't had for decades in a Labour leader. All the Unions told their members to back Corbyn.
But most people in the country do not want to go back to those dark days in the 1960s and 70s when the Unions had too much power and seemed to be on strike for this and that every week, affecting the life's of ordinary people.
Those Union votes will not be enough in a general election. Most of the electorate are being turned off by Corbyn week by week. He's a dinosaur politician. The only party he can take votes from is the Green Party as he has similar views. Elections are won by winning the 'not sure' vote, which is normally about a third of all voters. He will be slaughtered in the 'not sure' vote.

It's pretty dark days at the moment for some with the rise of food banks. Austerity for most, but not for the rich who created the mess we're in. That's why people should be angry and demanding something to change.

They withdrew their funding to the Labour party under Blair. Unless they already do there won't be many cases of members suddenly backing Corbyn, even if they are advised too.

Oh bollocks there is. Now you're just clutching at straws.

The Prince of Wales or the Queen weren't shaking hands five minutes after a ****ing bombing, something you convienitly gloss over. Corbyn and Livingstone both did. You might choose to remember that during the present issues.

The Prince of Wales or the Queen weren't shaking hands five minutes after a ****ing bombing, something you convienitly gloss over. Corbyn and Livingstone both did. You might choose to remember that during the present issues.

The IRA killed Mountbatten and The Queen and Charles can still laugh and joke with GA and MM. Us lefties get accused of living in the past, you right wingers may want to take some of your own medicine.

The war with the IRA is over and it ended by talking.

Last edited:
Well, the Firemens Union are definitely back. Most members will back Labour under Corbyn because he is their best chance.

http://labourlist.org/2015/11/corbyn-says-welcome-home-as-firefighters-union-reaffiliates-to-labour/

I'm not saying the union leaders wont support Corbyn or fund the Labour party. But there is no more support for labour amongst the FBU members than there is in the rest of the country. As with society a firefighter in Liverpool tends to vote differently to a firefighter in Leigh-on-sea.

Clutching at straws, sorry but are you a idiot? There are walls separating communities all over Belfast, there is so much hatred there you can cut the poisonous air with a knife. You clearly have no idea whatsoever.

Yet it's a tourist destination and a major filming location for programmes like Game Of Thrones. The old rivalvies and the idiotic marches may exist but Belfast 2015 is a hugely different place from Belfast 1975. Remind me the last time an IRA bomb went off.

Agreed, but in terms of civilian deaths a whole load more would have died had the UK not been so bold as to oppose the nazis.

Possibly; possibly not. To say either way is conjecture.

Really? for the most part, I've always seen PR as Cameron's biggest failing. Even when he has sound policy, he's very poor at selling it to the masses, and there don't appear to be many who actually 'like' him as a public figure. On the contrary, Cameron's longevity has been almost entirely due to the mediocrity of his competition, JC included.

Cameron's repeatedly polled far better than his party. His PR is pretty good.

If you or I committed mass murder on an industrial scale then the courts would scrutinise our every movement and every action,they would put question after question after question,they would disprove the theory that an ordinary car driver could become F1 champion,yet 9/11 with far too many riddles was swept away alongside the evidence.

They wouldn't if you were dead. Not much point in trying a corpse.

So if in the most unlikely event of Chairman Corbyn and his trusted lieutenants Diane Abbott and fellow terrorist supporting chum John Mcdonnell ever come to power and are faced with any important decisions, you are happy for him as PM to email a bunch of swampies to form Government policy? And when your own party threaten to mutiny, you cave in and bury your head in the sand and offer a free vote rather than show leadership.
Yep, I see weakness everywhere I look.

It seems like you are seeing what you want to see.

So the 'swampies' as you call them are party members and you see asking the people that elected you to express an opinion as weakness.

You also see allowing democratically elected MPs a right to vote the way they want as 'burying your head in the sand'.

It seems to me that by your standards anything less than a dictatorship is a weakness.

Maybe think back to Boris Johnson dictating how and when the 24hour tube was going to work, George Osborne's unilateral decision to cut tax credits and Jeremy Hunt's insistence that thousands of doctors would work under non negotiated new contracts - and reconsider if letting others have a say is such a bad thing after all.

It seems like you are seeing what you want to see.

So the 'swampies' as you call them are party members and you see asking the people that elected you to express an opinion as weakness.

You also see allowing democratically elected MPs a right to vote the way they want as 'burying your head in the sand'.

It seems to me that by your standards anything less than a dictatorship is a weakness.

Maybe think back to Boris Johnson dictating how and when the 24hour tube was going to work, George Osborne's unilateral decision to cut tax credits and Jeremy Hunt's insistence that thousands of doctors would work under non negotiated new contracts - and reconsider if letting others have a say is such a bad thing after all.

No, sorry that's a cop out. As already stated, Corbyn heads up what in effect is the alternative government. You make decisions on important issues - as far as know, very few decisions will be as important on whether or not the country goes to war or not.
For what it's worth, I think he makes some good points about not bombing but that is not the point I'm making.

No, sorry that's a cop out. As already stated, Corbyn heads up what in effect is the alternative government. You make decisions on important issues - as far as know, very few decisions will be as important on whether or not the country goes to war or not.
For what it's worth, I think he makes some good points about not bombing but that is not the point I'm making.
It's not a cop out at all, it's democracy.
The only reason that Cameron is appealing to Labour MPs to support this is because not enough Tories are backing him, is he being weak by letting them have a say?

Back