• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corr was a very lucky boy to stay on the pitch! Although I would like to think he wouldn't have held on to somebodies leg if he previously had a yellow...

We played some decent football, the first half chances should have been converted. Weston probably should have cut that ball back at the end too. I thought all the midfielders had a good game. Defence was okay, Stevenage could have punished a few times in the first half but their shots were weak and straight at Bentley.

I love Timlin, great commitment and you could see in his eyes how much it meant to him when he came out to watch the game.

Can anyone confirm if Bolger will miss the next leg as he got his fifth yellow? Be a shame to split him and AB

Can anyone confirm if Bolger will miss the next leg as he got his fifth yellow? Be a shame to split him and AB

Depends when he got the other 4 I think. At some point in the season cards slate is wiped clean. Someone who knows that sort of stuff will confirm or otherwise no doubt.

We played decent in patches & looked the better team overall tbh. I'd have taken a 1-1 befote the game, but I'm also slightly disappointed we didn't really go for the jugular. Stevenage were there for the taking IMO. As Pubey said, they weren't a great team & looked basic. Hopefully we can get the ball down & turn them inside out at The Hall.

WAR Southend!!!!

Was really worried after we went one down, it had a familiar feeling about it.....
Thought Lenny controlled the ball well in the 2nd half and got us back in the game - got some luck with the goal I say but we'll take it. Bolger and Barrett were solid, Bentley made a couple of great saves and had no chance with their worldy...

Has to be 442 on Thursday....

Bentley
White Barrett Bolger Coker
Worrall Deegan Leonard McLaughlin
Corr Cassidy

That would be my choice assuming Timlin can't play, but I think Piggott will start instead of Cassidy....

Not sure how you can put Deegan ahead of Atkinson; Deegan was awful when he came on!!

Another than that, agree with the rest of the side

Missed this photo in the match thread, looks even worse here

CEqq4e8WAAAeSHw.jpg

If we can get the ball down on our surface, and play like we can we will do them by 2 or 3 goals, that pitch was a mess.

Exactly what we said. On our pitch we should win this tie because we play good football on the ground. UTB

Maybe when Brown was giving the thumbs up while pointing at Timlin he was just saying he was OK rather than fit. Will be a big loss for us, but might push us to 442?

Job done, level after the harder part of the tie. The pub player antics of kick, boll**k and bite were evident. As per all usual Westley teams they wear the ref down in fact the style of his direct bully boy teams are everything wrong in football.

I'm confident that we can win and outplay them on our spacious football pitch as opposed to their cabbage patch - if we can get an early goal I think we could win comfortably...BUT this is Southend were talking about.

Firstly I'd like to wish your guy Timlin a speedy recovery and hope to see him starting against at your place on Thursday.

Now for how rough the game got. Up until the Dembele-Timlin clash the game was relatively clean. The next 15 minutes after that injury the game got scrappy and overly aggressive from both teams (your man lashing out at our keeper on the deck was totally unnecessary), the unfortunate injuries to Timlin and Dembele along with the rest of that half really soured the game sadly.

The second half was alot cleaner and there were clear cut chances for both. Sadly for us we seemed better for range than up close with Parrett's stunner and the amazing shot by Kennedy. By the end of the game your lads were definitely on the rise and 10 or 15 minutes more would probably have given you the lead.

1-1 seems a fair result but if we play like that at your place on Thursday you'll take us apart. Don't know about Timlin but our guy Bira should hopefully return in time for the 2nd leg providing he's still got all of his skull :headbang: Finally please can people stop labelling our players as too physical, we were no worse than your players and some awful refereeing towards both of us didn't help.

Hoping for a cleaner and less congested game in 4 days time :smile:

Pitch cr*p. Timlin legend for wanting to play on. Stevenage looked average. Fancy us on s good surface at the hall.

Back