• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sadly me and the girlfriend don't drive so we're pinned down to taking the train. Still at least it means an afternoon out on the front :)

Unfortunately I can see us losing on penalties after a 0-0 - we have too many of these - particularly at Roots Hall which is precisely why we did not go up automatically :'(:'(:'(:'(

v Wimbledon (lost 4-2)

Corr scored
Payne scored
Coker saved
Barnard saved

v Oxford (won 5-3)
Timlin scored
Tomlin scored
Clohessy scored
Hurst scored
Benyon scored

v Bury (won 3-2)
Hurst scored
Clohessy scored
Eastwood scored
[Worrall saved by Bentley]

v Orient (lost 4-3)

Dickinson saved
Harris scored
Clohessy scored
Kalala saved
Hall scored

v Macclesfield (lost 5-3)
German scored
Corr missed
Clohessy scored
Hall scored

v Gillingham (won 4-3)
Soares scored
Easton saved
barker scored
Paterson scored
Grant saved
Blair Sturrock scored

v Daggers (lost 7-6)
Foran scored
Bailey scored
Hooper scored
macDonald score
McCormack missed
Clarke scored
Black scored
Hunt saved

v Col Ewe (won 5-3)
Gray scored
Hunt scored
Maher scored
Broughton scored
Corbett scored

v Notts County (lost 4-3)
Poole saved
Sussex scored
Mooney scored
Hunt scored
Bressington missed

Hope it doesn't. I don't see us blessed with natural penalty takers...Corr is about our best, but he's only really a 60/40 penalty taker

I remember the last time we had a penalty shoot out to get to Wembley. It was at Notts county in the Anglo Italian Cup and we needed to win the shoot out to get to the Wembley final. I recall that the original game was scheduled for Tuesday night but due to fog it was put back 24 hours to the Wednesday night and my mates couldn't get another day off work so I drove up there on my own and suffered like all Blues supporters do. I recall just before the end of extra time Ricky Otto missing a simple header when it looked easier to score which would have avoided the need for penalties. The penalty that we missed was by Mr Bressington. It was such a bad miss I think the ball ended up in the River Trent. I still have recurring nightmares about that penalty. It was along journey home after that. Good job we won't need penalties on Thursday (trying to stay positive!).

Our home form has become pretty good. We were sixth in the home points table from our 23 matches, winning 12 games and losing only 3. Stevenage's home form was better though, they were 3rd in the home form table with 15 wins and but they did suffer 5 defeats.

By contrast, Stevenage's away form isn't great. They were 15th in the away points table. They won only 5 matches, drew 9 and lost 9 scoring 25 goals and conceding 31.

Looks like a 1-0 win for the Shrimpers to me......

I hope.

Back