• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deegan vs Stevenage

• Total voters
He has a disciplinary record that Mohsni could only dream of. Twenty five appearances have brought 10 yellows and a red (Mohsni's last 25 appearances managed only 3 yellows and a red ... and 6 goals).

Sorry for those who like it, but if he shaved that ridiculous beard off he'd pick up less cards. It makes him an easy target for referees.

Moshni was playing as a winger/striker/have no idea what though at the end.

Last season Mohsni got 10 yellows and a red playing back in defence.

Been better this season though.

Deegs was poor early on last night but after a while be settled down and done his job well. So I think a average 6 rating is fair. Got to say his fast becoming my favourite Sufc player. Once AB retires I think he will be.

I gave him a 7 but realise that my general opinion of him swayed my score. I'd still say he was worth a 6 in a match where he was below his normal standard.

For those that have watched the match again on TV, was Timlin any better during his time on the pitch; it didn't look that way to me at the game?

He wasn't perfect yesterday but still won possesion and was a general pain to them particularly second half. People have to remember this is L2, what do we expect, Roy Keane..?

Also, and I mean this in an entirely manly way, is it my imagination or does he wear shorter shorts than everyone else?

I've see Gary play since his days in Ireland and over in England, when he was in Ireland playing for the league champions Bohemians at the time he was a slender more dynamic player much like a box to box player. Obviously since he moved to the Uk he has bulked up due to the more demanding physical nature of the game. He has lost a yard of pace that he used to have over ten yards,however, he has changed his game and does what he does really well. Sure e misplaced a few passes when he came on but it takes a good ten minutes for subs to get accustomed to the speed of the game especially one that was so frantic in the first half,when things settled down he helped us to dominate the game and set a platform for attacks. It wasn't the best I seen Gary play but the tide turned when he upped his game,there's no doubt about that.7/10

Work colleagues who are unfamiliar with the team asked me this morning who the Viking was and what was the problem with his passing - and that was before I said a word!

The worst player I have seen. couldn't make a easy pass to a yellow shirt . would have kept Clifford easy

Christ. I completely forgot about Clifford until you just mentioned him. What a phenomenal start to the season he had and scoring goals. It is a shame he went out on loan. I don't think Brown likes him perhaps a fall out as some may have suggested before.

I'm WHU but used to go to SU now and again although not for a couple of years. I saw the Stevenage game on telly and it looked to me that SU have now a few players with the "wild" type of beards. Deegan was one, dunno if he thinks of himself as a sporting type of Ned Kelly? Also I noticed so many crosses from SU going nowhere near their players in the box.

He breaks up play well, but I think his positional play and his awareness can let him down. His strengths defensively are going for a tackle while staying on his feet, but he does dive in needlessly and get silly bookings.

Not surprised he has only had 1 red in his career, he usually goes charging around and after getting booked is usually more carefully which sometimes means he doesn't go in for tackles.

As far as his passing goes, he is decent at short and long passes (he made a great switching pass in the 2nd half IIRC) but he isn't someone who can play those passes that cut through lines of a team.

A couple of times I noticed him making bursting runs forward and then stop and dwell on the ball, I'd rather Leonard be doing that as he has a better end product.

He breaks up play well, but I think his positional play and his awareness can let him down. His strengths defensively are going for a tackle while staying on his feet, but he does dive in needlessly and get silly bookings.

Not surprised he has only had 1 red in his career, he usually goes charging around and after getting booked is usually more carefully which sometimes means he doesn't go in for tackles.

As far as his passing goes, he is decent at short and long passes (he made a great switching pass in the 2nd half IIRC) but he isn't someone who can play those passes that cut through lines of a team.

A couple of times I noticed him making bursting runs forward and then stop and dwell on the ball, I'd rather Leonard be doing that as he has a better end product.

That pass he played a few weeks ago at home that cut through the defence was exquisite so he can play them but not what he was brought here to do.

He does the dirty work, the work that quite often goes unnoticed because it there is no glory in it, the work that allows other players to do the glory work

How many L2 sides could lose someone as good and committed as Timlin and be able to bring on Deegan. Yes his early passes went astray but he finished strong. Some have said he doesn't track back well but I remember him cutting out two dangerous crosses from their right. One of those clearances led up to our corner for the goal.
He must be judged on more than one game and we will all have a perfect opportunity this Thursday. Stevenage are physical and PB will want to match that for sure.

I don't think he has really split opinion that much going by the vote scores. i actually think his distribution is fairly good. Yesterday he had a couple of bad passes, one was definitely down to the pitch !

Can't believe we have a 3 page thread on the performance of a substitute. I like Deegan, but thought Sunday was one of the worst performances I've seen from him overall. Don't really think much of having him AND Leonard in the middle though - both right footed and neither is massively attack minded. If Timlin is out, I'd involve Connor Clifford.

Can't believe we have a 3 page thread on the performance of a substitute. I like Deegan, but thought Sunday was one of the worst performances I've seen from him overall. Don't really think much of having him AND Leonard in the middle though - both right footed and neither is massively attack minded. If Timlin is out, I'd involve Connor Clifford.

Is he back from Barnet then?

Brown said before the 1st leg that Clifford is available, but also said that his future was decided a long time ago. Sounds like he won't feature again and will leave in the summer.

He is a distinctly average but highly committed and will always take one for the team.

The year we went up with Tilly we had the likes of jupp pettifer and hunt in the side and we benefited greatly. Never underestimate commitment.

Worked hard but gave the ball away too much. Tims and Leonard are by far our best two central midfielders.

Back