• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you in favour of Britain's membership of the EU?

• In.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Out.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Bart.No opion.It depends etc

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to understand why it's so damned difficult to police properly. It's a passenger and cargo port for crying out loud, not the US/Mexican border.

Oh wait a minute, perhaps the French don't actually want to police it properly and would rather more of the current 3000 migrants swamping Calais made it to good old Blighty. Less for them to deal with after all.

Nah, silly me. This is the French we're talking about. We can always count on the French to do what's right for the benefit of the majority, not themselves.

Still, I don't expect Cameron to do anything meaningful to curtail it. Don't want to rock the UK/French trade boat now do we

I'm struggling to understand why it's so damned difficult to police properly. It's a passenger and cargo port for crying out loud, not the US/Mexican border.

Oh wait a minute, perhaps the French don't actually want to police it properly and would rather more of the current 3000 migrants swamping Calais made it to good old Blighty. Less for them to deal with after all.

Nah, silly me. This is the French we're talking about. We can always count on the French to do what's right for the benefit of the majority, not themselves.

Still, I don't expect Cameron to do anything meaningful to curtail it. Don't want to rock the UK/French trade boat now do we

This is a problem that can only be sorted out at EU level.

Econonomic migrants/political refugees should be processed as soon as they arrive in Europe whether in Italy,Greece,Malta etc

Last edited:
The UK isn't a entry point, just a destination. But you already knew that and just couldn't resist a little dig.

Join up the dots GHG.

The UK needs to work with its European partners, (especially Italy), on immigration control and quotas.

Otherwise I forsee the Italians, (and others), issuing quite a lot of EU passports to African migrants in the near future.

We watched as one idiotic apologist bleated "we should be helping those immigrants in Calais as they are fleeing persecution "
They have already crossed safe countries yet according to this guy they are still fleeing.Mad world.

Just read the last few pages which have left me bemused and stunned.

The only question,

Why do the immigrants wish to pass through nice hot countries and Germany and France to get into Great Britain.

Some do, some don't. Amongst those that do it's often because they can already speak English.

Join up the dots GHG.

The UK needs to work with its European partners, (especially Italy), on immigration control and quotas.

Otherwise I forsee the Italians, (and others), issuing quite a lot of EU passports to African migrants in the near future.

You can't join up the dots when the entry points allow these migrants to disappear into the ether. I believe it was MK Shrimper who said the majority were refugee's and asylum seekers which simple isn't the case. The vast bulk of these people are economic migrants and how do I know that? Simple, they are paying for their passage to mainland Europe. Now just give that some thought before you do your usual.

You can't join up the dots when the entry points allow these migrants to disappear into the ether. I believe it was MK Shrimper who said the majority were refugee's and asylum seekers which simple isn't the case. The vast bulk of these people are economic migrants and how do I know that? Simple, they are paying for their passage to mainland Europe. Now just give that some thought before you do your usual.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what you're saying about most African migrants being economic migrants,though this is obviously difficult to prove without their being properly processed first.

What I am saying is that without help at EU level from other member states, then sooner or later, the Govenments of Italy/Greece and Malta etc will just start issuing migrants with EU passports.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what you're saying about most African migrants being economic migrants,though this is obviously difficult to prove without their being properly processed first.

What I am saying is that without help at EU level from other member states, then sooner or later, the Govenments of Italy/Greece and Malta etc will just start issuing migrants with EU passports.

The EU has that capability to do exactly that now but choices not to. I wonder why.

The EU has that capability to do exactly that now but choices not to. I wonder why.

At the moment it's choosing to let the "point of entry" EU member states shoulder the burden, exclusively.

Clearly the present situation is not sustainable and there will have to be some joint EU action on quotas etc.

Watch this space.

At the moment it's choosing to let the "point of entry" EU member states shoulder the burden, exclusively.

Clearly the present situation is not sustainable and there will have to be some joint EU action on quotas etc.

Another excellent reason for withdrawal from the corrupt and utterly useless EU. They are doing the 'OUT' corner all the work for them.

IF, and it's a big if, the likes of Italy, Malta and Greece for example do decide to issue EU passports to all and sundry entering their respective countries illegally then I would expect nothing less than our government to immediately block each and every one of them at every point of entry to the UK and if that means troops at those points to assist the Customs & Immigration Authority then so be it, and sod whatever EU treaty or agreement we're already signed up to.

And let's get one thing clear here before it starts. I have no problem whatsoever with migrants from anywhere on this planet coming here if they pay their way, abide by our laws, respect out customs and faiths, and contribute to society in general.

IF, and it's a big if, the likes of Italy, Malta and Greece for example do decide to issue EU passports to all and sundry entering their respective countries illegally then I would expect nothing less than our government to immediately block each and every one of them at every point of entry to the UK and if that means troops at those points to assist the Customs & Immigration Authority then so be it, and sod whatever EU treaty or agreement we're already signed up to.

And let's get one thing clear here before it starts. I have no problem whatsoever with migrants from anywhere on this planet coming here if they pay their way, abide by our laws, respect out customs and faiths, and contribute to society in general.

But if troops blocked their entry at every UK port and airport etc then they wouldn't be able to meet your criteria anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of uncontrolled immigration but we have to abide by the various laws we have signed up to. Re-negotiate, by all means but we can't arbitrarily say we don't want to abide by that legislation anymore.

But if troops blocked their entry at every UK port and airport etc then they wouldn't be able to meet your criteria anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of uncontrolled immigration but we have to abide by the various laws we have signed up to. Re-negotiate, by all means but we can't arbitrarily say we don't want to abide by that legislation anymore.

So, hypothetically speaking. The only other alternative to my solution that I can see is exactly that. Abide by EU regulations and open the doors to any fleeing immigrant that's been issued with an EU passport - ergo 'uncontrolled immigration'

With EU passports being issued at the point of entry to all immigrants fleeing their home countries for whatever reason there seems to me to be only two scenarios possible. Close the doors and bolt them shut or leave them wide open.

Unless of course there is another solution that's escaped me.

Hungary doesn't seem to have a problem with doing what they want.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/22/migrants-hungary-border-fence-wall-serbia

Take a look at the graph and ask yourself these questions. If these people are asylum seekers or refugees, why haven't they applied for it in the first safe country, as the UN suggests they should. And also, where's the money coming from for all those bus, train and ferry fares and indeed, to pay the people traffickers?

So, hypothetically speaking. The only other alternative to my solution that I can see is exactly that. Abide by EU regulations and open the doors to any fleeing immigrant that's been issued with an EU passport - ergo 'uncontrolled immigration'

With EU passports being issued at the point of entry to all immigrants fleeing their home countries for whatever reason there seems to me to be only two scenarios possible. Close the doors and bolt them shut or leave them wide open.

Unless of course there is another solution that's escaped me.

Hungary doesn't seem to have a problem with doing what they want.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/22/migrants-hungary-border-fence-wall-serbia

Take a look at the graph and ask yourself these questions. If these people are asylum seekers or refugees, why haven't they applied for it in the first safe country, as the UN suggests they should. And also, where's the money coming from for all those bus, train and ferry fares and indeed, to pay the people traffickers?

The point I was making was that as EU legislation stands we are limited in what we can do if people with EU passports turn up. That doesn't make it right, but short of breaking laws there is not a lot more that can be done as things stand. I don't have answers, that is for the current government to sort out. Will they?

The point I was making was that as EU legislation stands we are limited in what we can do if people with EU passports turn up. That doesn't make it right, but short of breaking laws there is not a lot more that can be done as things stand. I don't have answers, that is for the current government to sort out. Will they?

So break the laws then. What they going to do, fine us a fraction of our net contributions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back