• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
So what pre match ritual will you be going through on Saturday and what lucky clothing or other objects will you be wearing or taking?

Lucky cap and socks. And very luck pants:smile:...
mark+roberts.jpg

Every time I wear my Southend shirt we lose (I figured this out earlier in the season)...... I could go in a Wycombe shirt maybe!

Lucky undies :blush: and curly hair! I've realised results aren't so good when it's straight!

My pre match ritual should be to stay at home. Went to both LDV finals in Cardiff and the JPT final in Wembley and we lost. Couldn't get to Cardiff for the play off final against Lincoln and we won

I wore a 2 year old away kit (yellow/black stripes) to Morecambe a couple of weeks ago so will never be wearing that again

Going to be difficult as we will be living out of a suitcase/caravan next weekend - so I cannot have my first coffee of the day out of my SUFC mug, the lucky pants (naturally) will be worn, but for the life of me I cannot settle on/find a lucky shirt for the big games - so might have to trawl the club shop web-site shortly for a new one. 'C'mon Blue Boys!' will be bellowed at the first whistle, as always. Me and the boy are still blaming ourselves for Bazza's spot kick miss on Thursday, usually we cling on to each other chanting 'net bulge, net bulge', but we just couldn't get anything out that night!

Always put my shirt and scarf on as we get out the car. Going by train obviously this time so not sure what I'll do. Blame myself for barrys miss Aswell as I usually film all penalties and they have always gone Southends Way (2 Dan saves and three Barry goals)

Walk around the house naked except for my Aberdeen Shrimper flag sarong.

Right genuine question. I have no superstitions or lucky pants etc.... But last year I was given a framed signed Southend shirt by the family of a former client who sadly passed away. He was just as fanatical about the blues as I am. Someone suggested ( in jest) that I wear said shirt as a tribute and lucky charm......got me thinking.......what do you reckon zoners...creepy or could there be something in it.

My pre match ritual should be to stay at home. Went to both LDV finals in Cardiff and the JPT final in Wembley and we lost. Couldn't get to Cardiff for the play off final against Lincoln and we won

Like you I went to those 3 finals at Cardiff & Wembley. I stayed in Prague for the Lincoln game and will do the same next Saturday... I have some 'lucky' underwear and I will be wearing the yellow and black or white and blue shirt depending on what we wear...

Oh and crossing everything possible ... UTB!:happy:

Right genuine question. I have no superstitions or lucky pants etc.... But last year I was given a framed signed Southend shirt by the family of a former client who sadly passed away. He was just as fanatical about the blues as I am. Someone suggested ( in jest) that I wear said shirt as a tribute and lucky charm......got me thinking.......what do you reckon zoners...creepy or could there be something in it.

DO IT, wear the shirt, its not creepy, its repectful, the past owner of the shirt may not be able to go to Wembley inbody, but maybe in soul, through you wearing the shirt, lets face it, we will need as much luck as possible, even from the other side.

Snr.

Back