• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Having been to Wembley many times I have always used the train. This time, with two young children and an uncle with bad arthritis I have decided to drive. Someone recommended a site called Justpark and I have found a residential address with very positive reviews approx 1/2 mile from the ground (our side of the stadium) for £18.80. Does that sound reasonable and any advice in terms of route to get there from Billericay. Cheers guys.

Not being funny but for an extra £10 you can park at Wembley in an official car park.
O.K. it might take a while getting out the car park but with a crowd of under 40,000 and many people going by train I don't think it will be that bad.

As for route I prefer M25 round to the M1 down the M1 then only a small section of North Circular.

Its quite a easy journey really just go a127 to m25 and follow the signs for Wembley from there should take a 80 minutes depending on traffic or go by the north circular but that's abit hit or miss with traffic.

Its quite a easy journey really just go a127 to m25 and follow the signs for Wembley from there should take a 80 minutes depending on traffic or go by the north circular but that's abit hit or miss with traffic.
If you follow signs for Wembley on the M25 it takes you well past the M1 junction to Junction 16 for the M40 I think. There really is no need to go that far you can turn off at the A1 or M1 much shorter.

I've used JustPark.com this time - got a space less than half a mile from the stadium and it's nice and easy for getting back on the North Circ for a quick exit.

Always found Stanmore tube just off bottom of M1 very good - big car park and only four stops down to Wemberlee

On the Justpark website it recommends that we go M25, M1 then off at junction 4 and through Stanmore. Apparently cuts out a lot of stadium traffic. Will find out I guess.

If you follow signs for Wembley on the M25 it takes you well past the M1 junction to Junction 16 for the M40 I think. There really is no need to go that far you can turn off at the A1 or M1 much shorter.

Yes! I assume those signs are there for traffic management purposes, but anyone following them is going well out of their way.

Don't pay a thing - drive to Stanmore/Canons Park and park on street for free, then hop on the Jubilee Line and you are three stops from Wembley Park.

ill be driving up to wembley from basildon, probably go north circular route traffic shouldnt be too bad the time i plan on leaving. Ive also booked in a car park just outside of wembley, 5 minute walk away, cost £23 i believe, hopefully wont be as packed and hard to get out of as the official car parks

Don't pay a thing - drive to Stanmore/Canons Park and park on street for free, then hop on the Jubilee Line and you are three stops from Wembley Park.

I think the original guy has young kids and someone with arthritis so not sure that is the best option. Plus I know the kids go free on the tube but its quite expensive if you have not got an Oyster card.

I think the original guy has young kids and someone with arthritis so not sure that is the best option. Plus I know the kids go free on the tube but its quite expensive if you have not got an Oyster card.

Spot on, my daughter struggles in big crowds and we thought she might get very upset/struggle walking back down Wembley way and back on the tube, less so going of course. My uncle struggles with arthritis and I also have 4 damaged disks in my lower back, so queung / standing is tough etc. therefore driving seems the best option. Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.

a mate of mine is planning to drive to Westminster, he can park in his company car park for free, I can have a lift, but I was shocked that the return tube fare from Wembley is 12 quid, what a rip off !!

still cheaper per than getting the train from Leigh on Sea I suppose...

a mate of mine is planning to drive to Westminster, he can park in his company car park for free, I can have a lift, but I was shocked that the return tube fare from Wembley is 12 quid, what a rip off !!

Off peak Travelcard price from Leigh is about £11 per person if more than 3 people!
So its cheaper from Leigh than Westminster.

Just checked and an Off peak travelcard with groupsave 3-9 people works out at £10.45 per person from Leigh-on-Sea.

if you have a contactless debit card it's the same price as Oyster, just touch in/out the same...so £2.80 each way (i think)

Not being funny but for an extra £10 you can park at Wembley in an official car park.
O.K. it might take a while getting out the car park but with a crowd of under 40,000 and many people going by train I don't think it will be that bad.

As for route I prefer M25 round to the M1 down the M1 then only a small section of North Circular.

A friend of mine parked there for the JPT. It took him an hour to get out of the car park. But he was sensible and left food and drink in the car. He's booked again for this one too.

I'm toying with the idea but don't really want to have to wait an hour to get home given we have to be up early the next day.

My other option is to leave a car at Wembley early morning and get a taxi back there later in the day. That way we'll get the best parking space and be home before we would be getting out of the car park.

The reviews from this website JustPark that i am using suggests that people got back to their cars and away from the Wembley area quite quickly. So for my £18 and a ten min walk, im quite happy. To be honest if we win, i wont care how long anything takes!

The reviews from this website JustPark that i am using suggests that people got back to their cars and away from the Wembley area quite quickly. So for my £18 and a ten min walk, im quite happy. To be honest if we win, i wont care how long anything takes!
I too booked Justpark, did it a few days ago. I'd have done the train (especially as get London free and 75% off c2c) but I've got the wife and two littluns in tow. Very near the stadium, west side like yourself. £15.50

I too booked Justpark, did it a few days ago. I'd have done the train (especially as get London free and 75% off c2c) but I've got the wife and two littluns in tow. Very near the stadium, west side like yourself. £15.50

According to the JustPark website they are suggesting M25, then down the M1, off at junction 4 through Stanway. Looks fairly straight forward. We are parking in a road called Kings Way, Heard of quite a few parking here as well. So might be a good walk from there with fellow Shrimpers and hopefully and happy one back!

Back