• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Aside from the usual ones, what others are there?

There is one that would be interesting to try I think that is used in Ice Hockey sometimes by the Jets

It is called a tomahawk chant and you basically single out the goalie (it would obviously only work when the Wycombe goalie is in front of us)

Example:

[video=youtube;aGIeng3KPjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIeng3KPjs[/video]

Wycombe goalie is Ingram so;

"Iiiingram
Iiiingram"

ect

Others?

Is too late to change the song sheet. Sadly it will be a copy of Palace and a few club's that originally had their own chant.
Watching a game on tv makes me think of our support - we just copy. For instance - is there ANY lower club (big clubs are generally keen to sing their own songs) that does not sing "---- boys making all the noise"? Wycombe will sing it.

Also. For years and years, foreign clubs tried to copy english chants. Now english clubs copy "ultra" chants. Virtually every general song sung from the Championship down sing songs originally from Europe.

MICHAEL TIMLINS MAGIC, HE WEARS A MAGIC HAT
AND WHEN HE PLAYS FOR SOUTHEND HE RUNS FROM FRONT TO BACK
HE SCORES WITH HIS LEFT, HIS SCORES WITH HIS RIGHT
AND WHEN WE PLAY IN EXTRA TIME HE SCORES ALL F**king night

Ohhhhhhhh

I like the one that goes "the referee's a w•••••" , very catchy !

The new Adam Barrett song! would be nice everyone singing it! was great in the pub before Morecambe game

Whilst it’s the (insert as applicable) boy's making all the noise is a good chant because it’s quite simple it is so generic
I personally would prefer a few loud chants of Sea Sea Seasider’s. This can clearly identify us from Wycombe and most other clubs as well.

Is too late to change the song sheet. Sadly it will be a copy of Palace and a few club's that originally had their own chant.
Watching a game on tv makes me think of our support - we just copy. For instance - is there ANY lower club (big clubs are generally keen to sing their own songs) that does not sing "---- boys making all the noise"? Wycombe will sing it.

You are moaning about the one sing that more people join in with at home than any other song. Whether you like it of not people sing it. I would rather thousands sung it than a couple of hundred sing the Adam Barrett song.

Last edited:
Whilst it’s the (insert as applicable) boy's making all the noise is a good chant because it’s quite simple it is so generic
I personally would prefer a few loud chants of Sea Sea Seasider’s. This can clearly identify us from Wycombe and most other clubs as well.

Agreed, but sea sea seasiders IS SUNG every match, but it's a 5 second chant. We sang 'we love you' for a solid 22 minutes non stop a few games back at home

What have we got, so far ?....(already singing along here)

Yeeeeellllllowwwwwws
We love you
It's the Southend boys, making all the noise...
Come on Southend
(slow drum) Blues ! Blues ! (at corners)
I'm into something goooood
Phil Brown's barmy army
Over land and Sea
Sea sea seasiders

and hopefully....
ei ei eio...and we are going up !

Ohhhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhhh

This, absolutely.

I'm not taking chanting ideas from an american youtube video. Their crowds are awful. My recommendation is that everyone follow the drum. Everyone wants to do their own chants but we're much more powerful together, and the drum can be the fulcrum of the atmosphere at our end.

Everywhere we goooooooooo.

Aside from the usual ones, what others are there?

There is one that would be interesting to try I think that is used in Ice Hockey sometimes by the Jets

It is called a tomahawk chant and you basically single out the goalie (it would obviously only work when the Wycombe goalie is in front of us)

Example:

[video=youtube;aGIeng3KPjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIeng3KPjs[/video]

Wycombe goalie is Ingram so;

"Iiiingram
Iiiingram"

ect

Others?

"Cllayyytoonn"

that was a classic

If 'Yellows, Yellows, Yellows' sounds good with a few thousand it will sound awesome with most of the 20,000

Simple and effective

This. Absolutely. Loved singing it in the the late 80's/early 90's at set-pieces, really loud and intimidating to the opposition. Personally I'm delighted we're in all yellow on Saturday. :loyalsupporter:

(hopefully) 'Who put the ball in the Wycombe net?' - simply replacing Bury with Wycombe, Benjy with Barry - and Ian Ben-ji-man with Big Bad Barry Corr.....simples.

Back