• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He said in his interview with Sky yesterday that he was going straight on holiday with his family (it is half term after all) and wouldn't be doing anything contract wise till the week after so would guess he went straight off. David Worrall also not there and tweeted apologies, I guess some hadn't had experience of winning a match like that and what happens after!

We parked in the court car park at the civic centre and watched them go past then drove off to Alexandra Street and parked in front of the old ABC and strolled down the seafront to see the scenes down there, never cost a penny in parking.

Took a couple in Vic Ave...
View attachment 3305View attachment 3306

That would explain not seeing him. That's a shame..

It is, but think what his family put up with, perfectly entitled to spend some time with them, especially his kid/s.

Just a quick question as me and my dad were chatting the other day, do you know if his family have moved down to Thorpe Bay now or is PB still staying at the Roslin?

Just a quick question as me and my dad were chatting the other day, do you know if his family have moved down to Thorpe Bay now or is PB still staying at the Roslin?

No, his family are still up North, that's from the horse's mouth as it were because he phoned me himself after the Hartlepool away game to apologise for not being able to make our Junior Blues' event at Marsh Farm the following day, as he and one or two other northern based players had gone "home" for a few days. As to the Roslin, he had moved out but the Sky interview was clearly there, so I don't know for sure, but would guess that was an arranged spot for the interview.

No, his family are still up North, that's from the horse's mouth as it were because he phoned me himself after the Hartlepool away game to apologise for not being able to make our Junior Blues' event at Marsh Farm the following day, as he and one or two other northern based players had gone "home" for a few days. As to the Roslin, he had moved out but the Sky interview was clearly there, so I don't know for sure, but would guess that was an arranged spot for the interview.

I know he lived at the Roslin for about 18 months but my dad was convinced he's bought a place in Thorpe Bay because he see's him around a lot.

I think the Roslin interview yesterday was (I'm guessing here) where they had there after match party so was an ideal location for the interview. PB did look a bit knackered in the interview hahaha, good luck to him.

Don't forget BBC Look East tonight at 6.50 and 10.35 which may show some coverage. If not tomorrow.

Nice to see Ron Martin and his family stand with the supporters and clap the players today, just before the pier. I thought it took a lot of guts, especially as he left himself wide open to abuse. I stood just behind him as the bus went past. Prosser was surprised as he pointed and shouted to everyone on the top of the bus, ''LOOK, THERE'S THE CHAIRMAN.''
Yes, I am as peed off as everyone over the stadium fiasco, but yes, I did shake his hand and congratulate him. Credit where it's due.

It was a great turnout and I enjoyed it as I took my little one for her first Southend United experience, I was a little disappointed that the bus didn't turnaround and stop so we could all congregate and have a little sing song, or did I miss it?

It was a great turnout and I enjoyed it as I took my little one for her first Southend United experience, I was a little disappointed that the bus didn't turnaround and stop so we could all congregate and have a little sing song, or did I miss it?

Nope did not stop as far as I know. It could have come back along the seafront that would have been easy to do. Oh well maybe next time!

People won't be able to get into RH so don't try and park there.
Took your advice on this! Now see that fans were allowed into RH and could see the players get on the bus.
Could have got some decent photos ! Thought you were supposed to be "in the know". Think in future I will ignore any so called information from you. Very disappointed!

Took your advice on this! Now see that fans were allowed into RH and could see the players get on the bus.
Could have got some decent photos ! Thought you were supposed to be "in the know". Think in future I will ignore any so called information from you. Very disappointed!

hate to rub it in, but there was maybe 200 odd fans at The hall, and my son managed to get pictures and autographs of all the players , except Timlin who got there late!

Very easy day , lots of laughs , great atmosphere , so my teenager got the stuff he wanted for a frame....

perfect weekend all round.....

Back