• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barling Magna

President⭐
Well I never thought that I would start a thread on Weston, but I wanted to highlight his role in yesterday's triumph. Thirty seconds from the end of additional time (and surely there should have been five or six minutes not just two) he embarks on a swift run, outpacing the defenders, beats one man and then, when it would have been understandable to put a hasty cross in he beats another defender and sends a perfect cross in to BBBC who heads down for the Pig who thankfully takes time to steady himself and then brilliantly chooses to shoot at the far post leaving the keeper wrong footed. Great play by both Corr and Pig, but Weston deserves equal credit.

We have found the perfect super sub ......... step forward Myles Weston, Shrimpers superstar.

I agree. Myles played his part in his short cameo as he generally often does. Took a very assured pen too

Not just yesterday. Since the Exeter game he has come on as a sub in almost every game and more often than not he has had a great impact. Got us the goal at Exeter, set up the goal yesterday, he's really showing his worth now. Much better out on the left and a perfect super sub.

Agreed... like everyone around me i was screaming for him to put the ball in early as he just seemed to be ambling along with the seconds ticking away but he was in fact waiting for the support to be in the right position for the cross and boy did it pay off.

I was cursing him until that moment... Thought he was trying a bit too much to always beat his man. No doubt that's what he was told to do though. Still he played his part in the goal and I will be forever thankful for that!

Totally agree with opening thread, Forever grateful for that run, now the harsh bit, looking at the season overall, Not sure Myles up to League One standard ,so on my release list

Totally agree with opening thread, Forever grateful for that run, now the harsh bit, looking at the season overall, Not sure Myles up to League One standard ,so on my release list
His contract has got another year left on it, no way he'll be released. Offers a good option from the bench I think.

I think he has been so effective last few games that he has come on. Been vital to our run in and squad.
Lets not forget he missed a pen this season and still had the bottle to take one and bloody dispatched it too!
Huge respect for ignoring some boo boys this season and write himself into our history books along with our other hero's.

I am sure most of you played on Fifa 15 online, Weston would be your first choice up front, he seem awesome on there! Glad he showing his Fifa 15 form as an sub :P

Good point about his penalty - he had form in that department, but, boy, he took a great penalty last night to crown the perfect super sub performance. Thank you, big man.

Totally agree with that comment, but he's not the only one who was on the pitch imho that will not be good enough for div 1

Hard summer thoughts by Brown on who to keep and let go, going up a division gives us a bit more clout in signing released players

Still let's enjoy the day, great performance by all and the crowd

UTS

Well Weston has had his criticism over the season, from me too, but that only means he deserves praise when it is due and that run and cross yesterday was top-drawer. At the beginning of the stuttering run I said 'he's clueless - no idea what to do.' He shoved those words right down my throat. Thankfully.

Westons hold up play has been excellent coming off the bench, especially in critical games in the past few weeks.
Stevenage and Luton couldn't handle him running at them with ball, albeit against tired legs, also a key man in the win yesterday, hope he is still part of Browns plans next year.

He is exactly what we needed for these long playoff games! His finishing from a video I saw in his Gillingham days isn't actually that bad so I was confident he would dispatch his penalty.

Can he make the step up and become an influential starter? Probably worth keeping hold of him for next season and finding out (I assume he has a contract anyway).

I hope that Weston will feature next season. He has real pace and has now shown that he can put in perfect crosses too. I think that he will still be a useful impact sub at League One level.

Weston showed so much bottle, especially after taking a right rollocking from Timlin for his play that led to the free kick that led to their goal, a bit unfair I thought at the time. He didn't let it affect him and produced that run and great cross for our goal. Must admit having seen him in training, my first thought was, 'Oh no, not Weston, as he came forward to take a penalty. But no, cool as you like, and a great penalty.
Well done Mr Weston, you've really played your part in our promotion run in as our supersub, and now you've just played a massive part at Wembley.

Not just yesterday. Since the Exeter game he has come on as a sub in almost every game and more often than not he has had a great impact. Got us the goal at Exeter, set up the goal yesterday, he's really showing his worth now. Much better out on the left and a perfect super sub.
Remember him coming on in the home game v York too and raising our game to help in the victory.

Back