• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done folks we were cheering you on yesterday! We were at a relations wedding but most of my Col U. supporting family joined my Southend supporting brother in law to see all the second half, extra time and pens. It was quite strange to see him surrounded by 15 Col U fans and my son in law who is Wolves fan all willing Southend to do well! When you scored the equaliser and the winning penalty the bar was going mental, a great moment for him and you folks. League one will be a more interesting season for us next time and family events will become a little more testing!

Well done folks we were cheering you on yesterday! We were at a relations wedding but most of my Col U. supporting family joined my Southend supporting brother in law to see all the second half, extra time and pens. It was quite strange to see him surrounded by 15 Col U fans and my son in law who is Wolves fan all willing Southend to do well! When you scored the equaliser and the winning penalty the bar was going mental, a great moment for him and you folks. League one will be a more interesting season for us next time and family events will become a little more testing!

A dignified Colchester Fan on a Southend Forum -( Its refreshing yes there will be rivals but in the end we are all just supporting our local team )

however

Its about as rare as an educated 5 fingered Rochdale fan on ours

Coming back on the Colchester bound train last night (22.02) was quite interesting to see quite a few Shrimpers on the train. Most had got off at Chelmsford, Hatfield Peverell, Witham, but as we got in to Colchester with our Southend shirts and yellow scarves I saw a group of 3/4 youths also get off behind us. They had a programme and Wembley ticket on show, but no colours. I was curious as to who they were supporting or why they were there?

Not as pathetic as the 'report' in the Sunday Express. Smallest write up in the world and even credit Weston with the equaliser

I have just got back from Sunday lunch out with the wife at The Duck in Writtle and got the Sunday papers on the way back and saw that. Infuriating and I am trying to find an email address for the sports editor there to voice my opinion on their pathetic reporting!!:headbang:

Meanwhile full respect to Colchester and Proud! for your comments.

Last edited:
On Roy McDonald's Facebook page he put congratulations to Southend but then there was some very sad and pathetic comments from those 6 fingered idiots.
Here's just a few:

Southend were lucky

Southend will always be in Colchester shadow

Southend will go straight back down

We will bring loads down the A127 it will be the biggest crowd they would have seen in years

i love their sarcasm !

...what you mean he was serious ! Colchester muppets !

I have just got back from Sunday lunch out with the wife at The Duck in Writtle and got the Sunday papers on the way back and saw that. Infuriating and I am trying to find an email address for the sprots editor there to voice my opinion on their pathetic reporting!!.

Give their sprots editor hell! :smile:

Reaction from some Col U fans as Dan Bentley saves the last penalty.

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/shxghmogzin2ikd3b7tq.jpg

hhe_5.png

https://mediocrityisthenewgenius.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/hhe_5.png
shxghmogzin2ikd3b7tq.jpg

http://www.storypick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/HorrorTrueStories5.jpg
HorrorTrueStories5.jpg

Last edited:
I thought we had lost Paul when you won the game, we all jumped up to celebrate and then said where the hell is he, he was running up and down the middle of the hotel with his arms in the air shouting his head off! Ha ha We all forgot our other teams in the heat of the moment we were all so pleased for him, can't wait for the fixture list now, what's the betting our games will be on a Tuesday night in the winter :sad:

Back