• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah it was Atkinson. Bizarre one too as I'm not even too sure he made contact.

Nice article though mate, very good read :thumbsup:

It certainly didn't look too tough a tackle on camera. Think it might have been a bit of a freak injury for Saunders, in hindsight.

Thanks!

The Wycombe guy was very heavily strapped up around his calf and when I watched it back on Sky he seemed to be pointing to the muscle, I'm guessing he was a doubt but thought he'd be okay and then pulled up with the first kick or Atkinson's knocked it and it's been made a lot worse by the state it was already in.

Great read though Luxury Fan! Very interesting blog.

The Wycombe guy was very heavily strapped up around his calf and when I watched it back on Sky he seemed to be pointing to the muscle, I'm guessing he was a doubt but thought he'd be okay and then pulled up with the first kick or Atkinson's knocked it and it's been made a lot worse by the state it was already in.

Great read though Luxury Fan! Very interesting blog.

That would make sense - definitely an unusual tweak. I can't imagine how gutted he must have been to go off that early.

Cheers, very kind. Looking forward to August now.

That would make sense - definitely an unusual tweak. I can't imagine how gutted he must have been to go off that early.

Cheers, very kind. Looking forward to August now.

Haven't seen the incident again but feel I must stand corrected.

As said before, well done, I'm sure you can make the good old Shrimpers your favourite lower league club to follow...

Haven't seen the incident again but feel I must stand corrected.

As said before, well done, I'm sure you can make the good old Shrimpers your favourite lower league club to follow...

With Orient dropping down to League Two, Southend might well be my third-tier side of choice!

That's on locality, by the way, not any particular bias of mine. Millwall the other option...

As to Saunders, Will caught him slightly but I reckon he did the damage by sitting on his foot when he landed. It was his calf that was the issue, and no way did Will catch his calf.

It as actually the 1st of many decisions the ref got wrong on the day. Willo is already in their half when they take the kick off. Game should have been re-started.

It as actually the 1st of many decisions the ref got wrong on the day. Willo is already in their half when they take the kick off. Game should have been re-started.

That happens in almost every game though. Or the team kicking off stand in the opposition half and kick it straight back (2 breaches there in 1 go).........not that it makes a great deal of difference.

That happens in almost every game though. Or the team kicking off stand in the opposition half and kick it straight back (2 breaches there in 1 go).........not that it makes a great deal of difference.

I have to agree - a strict enforcement of that rule would lead to a lot of restarts.

Back