• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im sure away support will be good this season, some big clubs in League 1, I'm sure most clubs will beat Cheltenham this season who must have come in a taxi!!!

Im sure away support will be good this season, some big clubs in League 1, I'm sure most clubs will beat Cheltenham this season who must have come in a taxi!!!

we average about 15% of our home attendances for away games .

Interesting that 'as the crow flies' both Gillingham and Millwall are closer than Col Ewe

lot of interesting ties there, cannot wait...

Well pleased, not so good for you I guess. Have done plenty of them but sons wants to do at least 9 of them.
Special planning needed for Millwall ha ha!:happy:

We have played there a few times in recent years with no dramas. Sure it's not like it was. You can drink round Borough Market/London Bridgd then whack on the train 20 mins before kickoff and it's only one stop. Quick in and out. Great view from the upper tier, friendliest stewards I've come across, it's actually one of the most accessible away days. Would have no qualms about bringing your boy.

For me there are 10 grounds that I have penciled in to go to & I hope the fixture list is kind to me/us.
There will be the BH games and the xmas/new year stuff which I hope will be some of the (few) regional games; Boxing Day at home please.
Mid week games may be struggles with distances; except for JPT which ought to get us a proper local bonus.
A few of these "big" northern teams do not have big numbers of fans/travelling fans and I don't see the likes of Wigan bring more than a few hundred fans, (again better than Burton/Accers).
The northern teams may lose points off each other at their many "derbies" and maybe also pick up more yellow/reds - hopefully.
If PB stays his contacts around Bolton for us to use their facilities in prep may be gold dust.
Lastly, for sure we WILL improve on our cup performances/results on the season gone; surely we will make the 2nd round in one of them.:thumbsup:

Massimo

Bolton are struggling at the moment financially so for you guys maybe sign a year deal with them say for 50k to base there like you said

Be a very shrewd investment if it helps win points

I hope the Gills away is in the summer, what an awful stand! How has it not fallen down is beyond me!

Coventry away is a must, the ricoh is a lovely stadium, they may never play there again.

Will still be better than teams like Accrington and Morecambe.

It could be close sub 100 is not out the norm for them. Fleetwood should be able to match Accrington/Morecambe also.

21ewxfp.png

The away gates are really not going to be that much bigger than in L2. When there are so many derbies up north an away day at Southend will be easily missed.

I'm pleased to be able to do some new grounds quite easily from where I am. Hopefully get these new ones done next season;
Port Vale
Walsall
Wigan

While also going to these again;
Burton
Col U
Gillingham
Coventry
P'boro

Back