• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So how many did we take, and how many did Wycombe take?
Still waiting the official figures from previous LDV, JPT and play off finals!
Anyway, I think the split is something like this
Southend 21,000
Wycombe 16,000
Neutral 1,250

More importantly, who won Cricko's 'guess the Southend attendance' game and is now the proud owner of the £10 Woolworths voucher or whatever the prize is? :winking:

However you weigh it up, was p!ss poor for two teams close to London, when you consider the Bristol Rovers vs Grimsby game attracted 49k the week before

Agreed, but it was nice not to see a crowd supplemented by a few thousand plastic Premier League fans (like at the JPT) who didn't have a clue who any of our players were. Probably why we won (better attempt than the 8,000 or so at Cardiff in 2005!).

As for the Conference final, that was always going to top ours - Bristol is a big City, and Rovers fans come out in force for big games like that - expected them to bring big numbers.

We had 22000, but 22000 who behaved like true fans and gave great support.

Also I think getting out of the Conference for a club like Bristol Rovers was bigger to them than us getting out of L2 was.

how much was the ticket? how much was the ticket for the conference game?
There was a special offer for the Conference game that attracted an extra 5,000 or so 'neutral' fans (some where Bristol Rovers fans and had to be removed from the neutral area).
The actual cheapest normal adult ticket for Conference final was £36 compared to league 2 cheapest £26. But the most expensive Conference ticket I think was £45 compared to league 2 £60.

I doubt there will be a big a crowd as that for the Conference play of final for many years.

Bristol Rovers are a significantly bigger club than us to be fair. Not a great club to make comparisons with.

However you weigh it up, was p!ss poor for two teams close to London, when you consider the Bristol Rovers vs Grimsby game attracted 49k the week before

Bristol Rovers average attendance is 8,000 in the conference, ours was 6000 in the league above. In 2007 they had 61,000 at Wembley, they are just a bigger club.

To get over 20,000 for a game, when we have only been to Wembley 2 years before is very respectable for a club our size.

Id like to see how many other League Two sides would take more, I bet its not many.

Had BR been to Wembley in recent years,remember it was only a couple of years ago we had 32k+ for the paintpot.This time a committed 22k not trippers,and what a difference in atmosphere

Conference play-off final also had tickets as cheap as £5/10 if you bought early as part of Vanarama's 'big day out' promotion. If Southend was a city as big as Bristol and tickets were that cheap we would have taken a lot more. Bristol Rovers are a pretty big club for League 2, let alone the Conference.

Had BR been to Wembley in recent years,remember it was only a couple of years ago we had 32k+ for the paintpot.This time a committed 22k not trippers,and what a difference in atmosphere

There were masses of daytrippers still, the atmosphere was due to the game actually meaning something this time.

There were masses of daytrippers still, the atmosphere was due to the game actually meaning something this time.

Indeed, an old chap & his wife sat in front of me had to keep asking who was who in the team. He was still going absolutely mental at the end too, so hopefully a new couple of fans.

The JPT meant something - it's the only cup trophy we're ever going to realistically win. It was also to do with not going down to an early goal.

Back