• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deegan beard in danger

Evening Echo

The News
GARY Deegan was a happy man after seeing Southend United’s hard work rewarded with a nail-biting play-off final victory against Wycombe Wanderers at Wembley on Saturday.

More...

Deegan without the beard would be like David Seaman without the ponytail, Ian Rush without his moustache and Kevin Keegan without his perm.....ok perhaps not the best examples but you get my point

Decent player for us I feel. Deserves another contract and i'm sure he would relish getting stuck in at Millwall

Will be livid if this happens - I'm trying in vain to grow a similar Game of Thrones style face mane just so I can justify wearing a Deegan shirt next season.

Deegan probably didn't play on Saturday because PB was worried he would trip over the beard and give away too many free kicks!! :smile:

Oh, and mods - why isn't there a 'Deegan' beard smilie on the zone...???

Needs to stay, and be a regular starting alongside Timlin.

#SaveTheBeard

Deegan has a Beard. Southend get promoted. This is no coincidence.

Oh, and mods - why isn't there a 'Deegan' beard smilie on the zone...???

smiley_beard.gif

Although wouldn't be needed if he got rid of it.

Good it makes him look a ****!

I know you've experienced danger on the front line and regularly frequented war zones with your canine companions, but please, I ask you, do not be so frivolous with your life on the Zone. It's bad for business.

:sad:

No surprise that I am with Ricey on this! My dislike of beards is well documented on here!

i heard he keeps a chicken biriyani in his beard in case he gets peckish during a game :smile:

I read somewhere (I think it was one of those men health magazines - they are sooooo more informative than the woman's ones) that there is more bacteria in men's beards than anywhere in the human body however, Deegan without the beard is like Ant without Dec.
That beard is Deegan.....I am not a lover of beards but IT HAS TO STAY

Back