• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PL12

As often, there are some interesting disparities for outright league betting next season. Millwall are as short as 7/1 but as long as 12/1, Swindon and Bradford as short as 10/1 but available at 16/1. Barnsley between 10/1 and 18/1 but more noticeably, Shrewsbury are as short as 12/1 with $kybet but as wide as 28/1 with bet365, Rochdale as short as 14/1 with betfair but 33/1, again with bet365. Blackpool are on offer between 25/1 and 66/1, incredibly Hills have Colchester at 25/1 for the title but bet365 are somewhat more clued up with them at 100/1 for the title and 25/1 just for promotion. I am obviously not saying I am backing any of these just pointing out some surprising prices before the market settles a little. The bookies love the speculative/optimistic punters anyway, some of the bookies run these outright league books at 35% over round! (If you took the best prices available from every bookie you currently just about get a round book.)

Best price available for our good selves to win the division is 40/1 with $kybet, bet365 and Boyles, 1/4 the odds for top 3 with any of those. Best price for a hat trick of Southend double promotions and return to the dizzy heights of the second tier is 14/1 with $kybet. Only a handful of bookies are currently offering prices on promotion only but even so taking the best prices available the market is actually currently approx 5% under round.

Personally I don't dabble in our own division, superstition nowadays! My only 2 season long bets involving Southend saw us finish 4th in league 2 both times. Firstly in 2004-2005, an e/w double with the other half of the bet coasting in several weeks before the season had finished and secondly in 2011-2012, a double which needed us to just get promotion (7/1), of course we finished 4th and blew the play-offs and the other half of the bet, a Man City - Man Utd straight forecast (15/2) dramatically came in :'(

Anyway, good luck to all wherever your money goes and post news of your bets here.

Good luck everyone!
1.gif

Back