• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Brown doesn't intend to play Barrett next season then a centre back who is comfortable on the floor and can play the ball out along the floor with confidence is almost as essential as a striker to bring in.

You missed out Luke. He has been offered a contract extension (which I happen to fully agree with)
Assuming you mean Prosser,what's been missed out is a third list...entitled "only for use in dire emergencies".I would hope he will be overtaken by Daniel Matsuzaka next season.Barrett and Atkinson will also be found wanting at the higher level.

Assuming you mean Prosser,what's been missed out is a third list...entitled "only for use in dire emergencies".I would hope he will be overtaken by Daniel Matsuzaka next season.Barrett and Atkinson will may also be found wanting at the higher level.

Edited for accuracy

If Brown doesn't intend to play Barrett next season then a centre back who is comfortable on the floor and can play the ball out along the floor with confidence is almost as essential as a striker to bring in.

I think Franz Beckenbaur is too old now

Assuming you mean Prosser,what's been missed out is a third list...entitled "only for use in dire emergencies".I would hope he will be overtaken by Daniel Matsuzaka next season.Barrett and Atkinson will also be found wanting at the higher level.

He should be on the list as the list shows who has been offered a contract.

Having Pross under contract will mean Yeovil having to pay a fee if Sturrock does wants him.

Having Pross under contract will mean Yeovil having to pay a fee if Sturrock does wants him.
Assuming he accepts our offer, just because we've made offers to these players doesn't mean they're defintely staying.

If Brown has told Prosser he'll be back up, and Yeovil and Sturrock come up with a similar offer as part of rebuilding Sturrock's side and he'll be a key part of it then he may not want to stay.

Sturrock says he has lined up 6 new players for trials but cant say who they are until their contracts end on 31st July. I suppose it could be one of ours in their? He is confident they will all be turning up for his trials. I am interested to see what happens to Jakub Sokoloik. He signed a 2 year deal but only played 12 games last year because of injury, but not even listed on official and unofficial websites as in squad currently?

Sturrock says he has lined up 6 new players for trials but cant say who they are until their contracts end on 31st July. I suppose it could be one of ours in their? He is confident they will all be turning up for his trials. I am interested to see what happens to Jakub Sokoloik. He signed a 2 year deal but only played 12 games last year because of injury, but not even listed on official and unofficial websites as in squad currently?

Its baffling the interest on this site about bringing Sokoloik back in. He couldnt cut it in league 1 with Yeovil, and when he came back in on loan, he was poor.The upside would only be perhaps PB can get more out of him
Its that time of speculation again.
Some will go, some will stay, but lets have some class when talking about Players
I am astonished at the venom shown by some towards Prosser on this site.
We all can see that we need 2/3 forwards, and reinforcements all over the pitch.No different to Liverpool or Tottenham
I still dont think Ted Smith is ready if Daniel moves on, but if we keep these lads together, i think we can make Mid table

Ron Martin did say something about not having a Penney for a victory parade. What a wag.

Anyone heard anything about Hurst? I've not been to watch in a while, but every time I've seen him he's done well

Anyone heard anything about Hurst? I've not been to watch in a while, but every time I've seen him he's done well

I'm not sure how long since you've been able to watch...but he scored an important hat-trick in 1966, briefly had a spell managing Chelsea and I believe he's been awarded an MBE too

Prosper would be my first chicest next year he has improves so much think he could easily cut it in league 1

Watched much of Matsuzaka this season, have you?

Prossers extension is a clause triggered by the club, not my an offer made? Surely this means he cannot turn it down, its just a guaranteed extension. Similar to Jack Payne having to be offered a further contract based on games played this season?

Prossers extension is a clause triggered by the club, not my an offer made? Surely this means he cannot turn it down, its just a guaranteed extension. Similar to Jack Payne having to be offered a further contract based on games played this season?

Exactly, its not an offer.

Back