• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pleased about this. Don't think he'll be first choice but his improvements have been great in the last couple of years and he'll certainly not let us down as an option in the squad if, as and when we have injuries.

I think its a good thing and he is a good player to have in the squad, but Im also a little surprised as the last two seasons whilst he has done well he has been replaced towards the end of the season.

As a squad player he is very useful.

Pleased about this. Don't think he'll be first choice but his improvements have been great in the last couple of years and he'll certainly not let us down as an option in the squad if, as and when we have injuries.

Yep, this for me as well. What I (man)love about the guy is his infectious enthusiasm around the club and its players. Some of his excitement in the after Wembley video was amazing considering he didn't get on the pitch during play.

Excellent to have around the place. has been excellent the last two years, and been very unfortunate to suffer injuries when he did. Not surprised to see this activated, good start!

Prosser is one of my favorites and therefore I am very pleased he is staying. I also happen to think he is a lot better than many on here do. A lot of people (IMO) base their opinions on him on previous seasons, when Luke makes a mistake, or a 'hoof' (and if you watch he does actually look up to see if a simple ball is on before going long- its not a panicked hoof ) it is highlighted on here to death, when another player does the same it is ignored

Prosser is one of my favorites and therefore I am very pleased he is staying. I also happen to think he is a lot better than many on here do. A lot of people (IMO) base their opinions on him on previous seasons, when Luke makes a mistake, or a 'hoof' (and if you watch he does actually look up to see if a simple ball is on before going long- its not a panicked hoof ) it is highlighted on here to death, when another player does the same it is ignored

Agree with every word of that.
One of those players that many people will never change their mind about.
Bolger has improved immensely , but so has Prosser and think he and Barrett would also have formed a good partnership.

I am also pleased Prosser has stayed and am confident he can do a good job in Lg 1. I think he is a very good player and much maligned. He has nigh on 200 senior appearances behind him and over 150 of those in the league and 5 in league 1. At 27 he still has good years ahead of him.

Funny how opinions differ. I think many on here overrate him and base their opinion on his massive improvement, mistaking massive improvement for hi actually being a good player. There are worse back up players to have though and I don't think his wages are that high so probably a good move taking the option.

I'm a mixture of both sides really, I'm pleased he's staying, but I'll be worried if he is regularly starting games at the start of the season. I think he's a solid League 2 player and not much more than that, he can do a job when needed in League 1 but wouldn't want him as a long term solution or as anything more than back up. He has improved massively in the last couple of years and maybe that can continue but I'd be surprised.

Luke always gives 100% but I do feel we need better to compete in Division One. Even Adam lost his place in a Division One team when at Gillingham and he is IMO a much better centre back than Luke Prosser.

Pross is a no nonsense clear his lines type which is never a bad thing,he will do a job no doubt about that,but will he hold his own in league 1?,that is my concern.

I think "...there were a couple of clubs interested in League 2..." speaks volumes.

Good player, great servant for us, but if we are going to have a decent season in League 1, we'll need better players than Prosser.

This could well mean Barrett is on his way (and Mads) in which case he'd be ok as a backup, but I'd have thought he would prefer to play regularly.

It's been said already, but if Luggy comes calling offering first choice dibs then I think he will fly the nest. I wouldn't blame him for doing so, but neither would I complain if he stayed, he's a great club servant.

I think "...there were a couple of clubs interested in League 2..." speaks volumes.

Good player, great servant for us, but if we are going to have a decent season in League 1, we'll need better players than Prosser.

This could well mean Barrett is on his way (and Mads) in which case he'd be ok as a backup, but I'd have thought he would prefer to play regularly.

Using your logic we should get rid of most of our players as there was n o interest from other clubs Regardless of division:winking:

Last edited:
Bolger has improved immensely , but so has Prosser and think he and Barrett would also have formed a good partnership.

Funny how opinions differ. I think many on here overrate him and base their opinion on his massive improvement, mistaking massive improvement for hi actually being a good player. There are worse back up players to have though and I don't think his wages are that high so probably a good move taking the option.

This is about right.....and I have changed my opinion on him..I used to think he was useless. Now I think he's average. I'm happy enough keeping him in the squad, but if he left he could be easily replaced by any number of players on the unattached list.

Personally I think this is more the club not wanting to let him go for free rather then he will play a part next season.

Happy to have him as cover....but there is no way he would ever command a fee

Back