• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not necessarily...this myth has been stated a few times here.

You only have to pay a fee for an out of contract player if the club demands a fee for them. More often than not if a players contract runs out he will be released and become a free agent, regardless of age.

I don't know the circumstances for this particular guy, but a fee would not be necessary in the vast majority of these cases.
Angol may of course be an exception...I have no idea. But it is not correct to say we'd need to pay a fee just because he's only 20.

Ah right.

In this case I'd be very surprised if they just let him go. Top scorer in conference south this season

Not necessarily...this myth has been stated a few times here.

You only have to pay a fee for an out of contract player if the club demands a fee for them. More often than not if a players contract runs out he will be released and become a free agent, regardless of age.

I don't know the circumstances for this particular guy, but a fee would not be necessary in the vast majority of these cases.
Angol may of course be an exception...I have no idea. But it is not correct to say we'd need to pay a fee just because he's only 20.

A fee is also only required if his current club offer him a contract before his current one runs out.

Yes Granty was and probably still is a class player and I'd be absolutely delighted if he was to return. Let's show a bit of appreciation for Deegan though guys, he's done a fine job in the role we signed him for.

Yes Granty was and probably still is a class player and I'd be absolutely delighted if he was to return. Let's show a bit of appreciation for Deegan though guys, he's done a fine job in the role we signed him for.

Indeed. Deegan may or may not be L1 class and I wouldn't be looking to start him, but he's contributed to our success so I don't think he's a bad player. I don't think he's over or underrated, even if he is a bit of a cult hero. He's done a job for us and could be a useful squad member.

If we didn't have the midfielders we have, then I'd be happy getting Grant back - but he's quite similar to what we've got (a hybrid Lenny and Timlin, if you like). I'd be looking for someone a bit different. Either a really deep lying defender who is cultured on the ball, or an attacking midfielder.
Leonard, Grant and Timlin are all reasonably 'box to box' in their style.

I certainly wouldn't want Grant back. Did well for us yes.....but what we really need (especially if Deegan re-signs) is somebody in the mould of Gary Roberts (Chesterfield). We need a player who can pick a pass and really split open the opposition defence.

Ah right.

In this case I'd be very surprised if they just let him go. Top scorer in conference south this season

A fee is also only required if his current club offer him a contract before his current one runs out.

There's certainly a lot of criteria to whether a player is available to be signed on a free...a lot comes down to budget I guess...You would think in an ideal world Luton would want to keep the guy, but if he isn't going to be in their first team squad and his agent is asking for first team wages, then they have a dilemma.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think a contract has to be offered at least equalling the existing terms to activate the "fee clause".

We have been scouting him. Correct. Allardyce has recommended Brown to take a look at Collison but his knees are shot so it would be a risk on a high wage.
Some Luton fans seem to think that Collison will be signing for them very shortly.

Tom Nichols, scored 17 for Exeter last season, is out of contract in the summer and could be a good signing. Only 21 years old too.

If we are going into the loan market for a striker, then Dominic Samuel could be a cracking signing. Was on loan at Coventry scoring 6 goals in 13 games.

Grant might have more skill than deegan but deegan will always put that no nonsense attitude into and against opposition players, most teams need a nasty player in there team and deegan does that on the field for us, grant just wouldn't or was never the same sort of player as deegan, grant would never make our starting eleven in league one for me.

Granty better going forward, better passer, wins so many free kicks, better pedigree and more impact. Like Deegan but take away his nasty streak and he is fairly basic and attacking wise he is a bit lacking. Happy he is staying but think he is light years behind Granty.

Jack Collison, Simon Church, Theo Robinson & Alfie Mawson would all be upgrades.

I think we should also try and sign McLaughlin.

We will see Collison at Roots Hall next season...He has signed for Peterborough.

All this talk and we all know SUFC wait until a week before season begins before they start to sign anybody,because by that time all you have left is the also rans who just want to play for peanuts .

get some players

We need to get some players in are squad it is very week at the amoament

We need to get some players in are squad it is very week at the amoament

Very sorry guys my 9 year boy been on my account this morning . he is loves southend very much, thing is he maybe right :smile:

Back