• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Flanagan has just left MK Dons by mutual consent. Centre back who has played on and off for them in league one.

I am fast coming to the belief that this thread is now a waste of time. I'd be interested to know (perhaps a poll) how many players others on here believe we will sign before the transfer deadline?............this is different from how many players PB would like to bring in and perhaps needs to bring in. Personally, I see the completion of the signing of McLaughlin plus a goalkeeper, should Dan make a last minute exit.................and that's our lot.

Last edited:
Although Brown has taken some stick for 'missing out' on players for various reasons , I think in the lower leagues where wages are not on a par with those in the Prem or Championship, then 'location' does play a big part.
If I were offered 250k per week , I would basically have no qualms about uprooting and going ( almost ) anywhere.
But when you're talking about a 1 or possibly 2 year contract for a much lower level like 1-2k ( I have no idea on the actual figures paid to an average L1 / L2 player - unlike others ! ) , then it is not so easy to uproot family say from the North of England where the cost of living is cheaper.
I'm not defending Brown but I think attracting players , in a largely Northern League , to the South isn't that easy.

The interview / article as I read it, leads me to believe that the 2 options he is looking at (premiership & Championship) is yet another defender, not a forward.

Although Brown has taken some stick for 'missing out' on players for various reasons , I think in the lower leagues where wages are not on a par with those in the Prem or Championship, then 'location' does play a big part.
If I were offered 250k per week , I would basically have no qualms about uprooting and going ( almost ) anywhere.
But when you're talking about a 1 or possibly 2 year contract for a much lower level like 1-2k ( I have no idea on the actual figures paid to an average L1 / L2 player - unlike others ! ) , then it is not so easy to uproot family say from the North of England where the cost of living is cheaper.
I'm not defending Brown but I think attracting players , in a largely Northern League , to the South isn't that easy.

That should give us an advantage. For South-East players dropping down from Prem/Champ or non-league looking to move up, they'd have fewer options if they want to stay in the South East - it's what Noel Hunt said swung it for him.

Back