• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw PB earlier this afternoon, he was catching a train to London..... Yes of course I asked..... and no he never said any names

Could have been worse.... could have been the striker "Bob Hulse" that played for Stoke, his now 66 years old, and never scored a goal for them!! :hilarious:

Saw PB earlier this afternoon, he was catching a train to London..... Yes of course I asked..... and no he never said any names

What time was this? blimey his leaving it a tad late isnt he when taking into account journey times etc

Nothing will happen now, at best we will probably get a loanee in once the loan window opens. To be honest, having seen Hunt play he will prove a class signing IF he stays fit and i honestly feel that between them Piggott and Mooney will chip in alongside him. Would love to get another Asombalonga type player in (not a Coulthirst though)

Loans are back on in a couple of days so no need to panic just yet. I'd rather we keep hold of Bentley (GIVE HIM A CONTRACT!!!) and not rush in for the wrong striker.

Im bit dissapointed we didnt bring in a striker today, what with those crucial fixtures coming up during the month of September, but maybe in hindsight, its a blessing in disguise. perhaps a loan signing might be a better option.

Speaking of future matches... Shrewsbury towns loss of Ryan Wood to Brentford, could also hand us a small advantage in just over a weeks time. It seems he was highy rated by the club, the fans and particually in the media. I read that he was voted as one of the top 10 best young players in the football league.

On the grounds that if it can happen it will, I'm not believing this for another18 minutes, at which point I will go ooof!

Im bit dissapointed we didnt bring in a striker today, what with those crucial fixtures coming up during the month of September, but maybe in hindsight, its a blessing in disguise. perhaps a loan signing might be a better option.

Speaking of future matches... Shrewsbury towns loss of Ryan Wood to Brentford, could also hand us a small advantage in just over a weeks time. It seems he was highy rated by the club, the fans and particually in the media. I read that he was voted as one of the top 10 best young players in the football league.

Woods was superb against us last season. Looked a very.good player and will surely be a loss.

He said he had hoped to sign a striker, not that he was definitely going to get one over the line.

I do hope to bring one more in before the transfer window closes,” said Brown.

“There’s no point me mentioning names or confirming transfer targets because there are three or four we’re talking to.

“We’re waiting to hear back on who is available and who isn’t but a move is impending and hopefully we’ll get something done.

3 or 4 strikers, impending...sounds very positive to me...but then nothing

I do hope to bring one more in before the transfer window closes,” said Brown.

“There’s no point me mentioning names or confirming transfer targets because there are three or four we’re talking to.

“We’re waiting to hear back on who is available and who isn’t but a move is impending and hopefully we’ll get something done.

3 or 4 strikers, impending...sounds very positive to me...but then nothing

So he said he "hoped". Thats football transfers for you. They dont all come off, yet its funny to see people on twitter etc moaning seeing as we have signed:

Pigott
Mooney
Hunt
ONeill
Wordsworth
McLaughlin

and Rea on loan.

The way some are complaining you'd think we hadn't signed anyone.

See a couple of interesting players being released today, Hammill released by Huddersfield and Sordell released by Burnley probably out of our league in regards to wages don't hurt enquiring tho! Free transfers can be signed at any time! Where did Maynard end up??

Thats football transfers for you....

They dont all come off, yet its funny to see people on twitter etc moaning seeing as we have signed:

Pigott
Mooney
Hunt
ONeill
Wordsworth
McLaughlin

and Rea on loan.

And we kept hold of Bentley!! Good transfer window in my eyes

I think we can be very pleased with our transfer window business. Some very good signings, the core of last season's squad is largely still there, kept hold of Bentley (although half of me wishes we'd cashed in on him) and tied down Coker for three years.

So he said he "hoped". Thats football transfers for you. They dont all come off, yet its funny to see people on twitter etc moaning seeing as we have signed:

Pigott
Mooney
Hunt
ONeill
Wordsworth
McLaughlin

and Rea on loan.

Im not knocking who we have got in but don't day you are talking to 3 or played and a signing is imminent unless you are sure

Back