• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we sign all those defenders that are being mentioned and our existing defenders commit to the club, we will have:

GK - Bentley and the Smiths
FBs - White, Coker, O'neill, Eckersley and Binnom-Williams
CBs - Barratt, Prosser, Bolger, and Thompson.

We probably won't end up with everyone mentioned, but if we do we have plenty of cover and competition, but how do you keep them all happy?

If we sign all those defenders who's paying for them???

Just noticed Greg Halford has left Notts Forest after his contract has run out. Anyone think there's a chance we might be able to bring him in? Big tall centre back, Local lad (born in Chelmsford),Played at Colchester (Some players have to!), 30 years old now and finished last year on loan at Brighton. Could be a useful addition!

I've just finished reading Roy Keane's book and he signed him for Sunderland. He said his attitude stinks and he was a terrible trainer. I know it's Roy Keane but read into that what you will.

I've just finished reading Roy Keane's book and he signed him for Sunderland. He said his attitude stinks and he was a terrible trainer. I know it's Roy Keane but read into that what you will.

I guess there may be some truth to that , but I think Keane is out of order making negative comments in print about players still trying to earn a living.
If they've retired then fair enough , but not while they're still playing.
If Halford ( or anyone ) has an attitude problem in sure it's already known in the football grapevine and just think it's very low to go into print just to sensationalise your own book for profit.
Off topic , but Keane is an arse IMO.

i read that and what he said made me dislike Halford even more then I already did. Don't think we need those type of players with how our team is a strong unit

If that's the case he's someone we can do without then! Forget I even mentioned him and carry on with the new kit discussions people!!:smile:

I think with Wordsworth rumoured to be coming in and people talking about Halford, we should just sign the entire Col Ewe 2010/11 team and have done with it.

EDIT: Just realised he'd left them by then. Even so. I can stomach one or two ex-Col Ewe in my Southend sides but a whole team of them is going too far. Halford can sod off. Plus I know a girl who is very good friends with his partner and apparently he's a complete bell.

i read that and what he said made me dislike Halford even more then I already did. Don't think we need those type of players with how our team is a strong unit

Apparently Freddy was a bad trainer too even more so in his first spell.

Halford's always been a weapon of the highest calibre. Even by Col U standards, he's a special case of sheer bellendery. Very good footballer though and his signing would be a real statement of intent at this level. Thankfully we're well stocked at the back.

With Wordsworth signed, the only focus should be on bringing in a forward line. Once that's done, we can start looking into the possibility of an exciting player in on loan, but we really don't need wholesale changes. If from here we only signed two more forwards, I'd still consider this summer a success.

Halford's always been a weapon of the highest calibre. Even by Col U standards, he's a special case of sheer bellendery. Very good footballer though and his signing would be a real statement of intent at this level. Thankfully we're well stocked at the back.

With Wordsworth signed, the only focus should be on bringing in a forward line. Once that's done, we can start looking into the possibility of an exciting player in on loan, but we really don't need wholesale changes. If from here we only signed two more forwards, I'd still consider this summer a success.

Agreed although I'd like McLaughlin too (and perhaps :pig: being one of the two forwards)

Agreed although I'd like McLaughlin too (and perhaps :pig: being one of the two forwards)

Signing McLaughlin as well as having Worral and Wordsworth in the side would be as strong an indication as any that Brown intends to play 4-5-1 next year. I'm all for having strength in depth, but going 4-4-2 with that those three is a waste of resources.

Signing McLaughlin as well as having Worral and Wordsworth in the side would be as strong an indication as any that Brown intends to play 4-5-1 next year. I'm all for having strength in depth, but going 4-4-2 with that those three is a waste of resources.

Id rather we were successful than start worrying about the ****ing formation

On a roumour site could be bollocks but zavon Hines and billy Clarke now that would bring pace

On a rumour site - could be bollocks but Zavon Hines and Billy Clarke - now that would bring pace.

Hasn't Zavon Hines been out for a year with a dodgy knee? He was good before the injury and could be again but would be a little bit of a risk? Interesting but as you say it could all be rubbish.

Has any rumour off these 'rumour' sites ever come off? Other than when they nick stuff they have read off here or the echo.

Yes - I'm not his greatest fan but it gives us more options .......... the other could be a central defender but we are all surely hoping it is some striking wizard who knows how to make the old onion bag puff out from time to time.

Back