• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Blues stadium planning application is imminent

The club will have no issue in developing the 13 story high tower block based on it being rented to local housing associations on long term leases (20 years), I guess that the club / Ron will own the top 2 floors to which he will sell on for a personal financial return, the long term leases will support the stadium build.

Even with the stadium being dropped into the ground, the main stand will surely stand higher than a block of flats. The average size for that block will be 40m, if the main stand has over 50 rows with a set of boxes in the middle that will go well over 40 metres.

Jam_Man said:
Hope thats the case but thought the last we heard recently was that it was still meant to be 3 sides.

Fantastic news if it is true.
From what I can remember of the AGM, the timeline (assuming every goes to plan - ha :smile:) is 3 sides to start building in Jan 2016, 4th side and hotel late 2016, all to finish early 2018, 1st season in new stadium 2018/2019 season.

The club will have no issue in developing the 13 story high tower block based on it being rented to local housing associations on long term leases (20 years), I guess that the club / Ron will own the top 2 floors to which he will sell on for a personal financial return, the long term leases will support the stadium build.

Even with the stadium being dropped into the ground, the main stand will surely stand higher than a block of flats. The average size for that block will be 40m, if the main stand has over 50 rows with a set of boxes in the middle that will go well over 40 metres.

I imagine it would be close, the hotel at Stamford Bridge which is right behind the Shed End is higher than the stand and that's not the smallest stand in the World (also isn't the biggest)

From what I can remember of the AGM, the timeline (assuming every goes to plan - ha :smile:) is 3 sides to start building in Jan 2016, 4th side and hotel late 2016, all to finish early 2018, 1st season in new stadium 2018/2019 season.

I am really at a loss as to why anyone attaches any credence to dates given any more.

I'm as cynical as the next man regarding a new stadium. But, the last couple of days there have been surveyor type blokes measuring and staking out over Boots and Laces. Something seems to be happening, gawd knows what though.

Do they have clipboards?

I doubt a lot is happening given we don't even have planning permission anymore.

Don't forget we have another missed deadline looming. Didn't RM say he would be submitting new plans this month?

Unless you work for the club or the council then you won't know the current situation and it is frustrating when no updates are given by the club. I am fortunate enough to have some limited access to information regarding the stadium. The only important things I can really say at this time are that Ron Martin reportedly no longer needs Sainsbury's to go ahead with the build, they have appointed a developer for the scheme and as far as i'm aware they have secured all the necessary funding for a 4 sided ground (not 3). Obviously we now wait for the new planning application to come in, but it does seem that the whole project appears to be coming together at last. As for where the money has come from, your guess is as good as mine!

Working for the club means nothing... I doubt even Steve Kavanagh knows everything!

Oh look, another lie from Ronnie. June nearing the end better hurry up Ronnie....

Maybe they are measuring out the area for the dome wasn't that ment to be put up on the training ground .That is the only asset at boots and laces .

Back