• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seems a strange move by Corr but nobody can begrudge him a new challenge if he wasn't guaranteed to get games. Cheers for the memories and non stop effort

What a shock gutted he's gone. Can't let this happen with timlin

Still nothing on the Official site. I thought there would be something by now. So, assuming it's not a wind-up (unlikely), we need forwards urgently. Lets hope the club has some good news soon as this has killed the post Wembley mood at a stroke.

Later - not a wind up, front page news on their official site. Come on Blues, what about a statement??

:'(:'(:'(

Nah, that was just 20 minutes.

His finest hour was when he came on as sub in the JPT against Orient and got us to Wembley for the first time.

Ron Martin says it's the first he's heard of it according to Chris Phillips, Corr hadn't told the club anything according to him

So it's not about money then.

Wow pretty shocked at this. Why you would leave for a club a division below?? I guess must be a money thing.

I think it's more about being used properly. He was dropped too often, subbed too often and left isolated too often:'(

I think League Two is his level, and we will score goals there. Not so sure about League One.

He's been a magnificent servant for us, coming when many wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

Good luck Barry, may you create many more Corrgasms (just not against us).

I think he would have got to grips with league 1, very sad to see him go and disappointed the club didn't manage to hold on to him. I hope other players don't get the same idea. *looks at Timlin*

I'm not heartbroken. Good luck to him & thanks for all the good times Baz.

Lets look at it logically, he was probably a big wage earner in the squad, which will free up money for someone else (maybe more) & was he really likely to set League 1 on fire?

If Brown can get in 1 or 2 very good goalscorers, I see it as a good move for all parties. BUT as I say, thanks for everything Baz, was always committed & played for the shirt everytime. He wont b forgotten at Roots Hall. Good luck with your future

It's wat happens when clubs drag there heels over contract talks, that's his future sorted for the next two years and a nice holiday he will take now before pre-season.

I think League Two is his level, and we will score goals there. Not so sure about League One.

He's been a magnificent servant for us, coming when many wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

Good luck Barry, may you create many more Corrgasms (just not against us).

Agree with this, maybe he saw the writing on the wall. To be fair, although he was our top scorer last season there were times when he was less than effective (possibly due to the system he was played in). He also went down in my estimation by bottling it in the penalty shoot-out - what other striker who had been the club's main penalty taker would put themselves behind Cian Bolger in the queue?!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm really sorry to see him go as he's been a fantastic servant to the club but maybe his loss won't be that keenly felt now we're playing a division higher. Obviously that depends on who Brown signs to replace him though!

Despite being a good player for us he was never going to be a 25 goal league 1 striker which in all honesty is what we need.
Thanks barry but we have to move on - in brown we trust

I think it's more about being used properly. He was dropped too often, subbed too often and left isolated too often:'(

It's also possible Brown has told him he won't be the main striker next season & won't feature regularly?

It's football !

Good luck BC,hope your new gaffer plays to your strengths as in 2 up top.

What's Cambridges financial clout?? Surly it was not more money then we could offer?

They've been offering more compared to last season. Man United probably has a part to play in that. Also looking to build new stands and redevelop their stadium.

Gutted by this news. Surely Ron and the Club would know and he is trying to please fans with comment to Chris? Really hope Brown is given funds for a new strike force. Despite a decent backbone to defence and midfield, if we don't score, we'll come straight back down.

Back